IGNORED

Baggershield question

Dale124

Hi all. For those of you that have the baggershield installed on their RSV, I was wondering what you like and perhaps don't like about it. I really like the look after seeing one in person on one of our member's bike during Krusin' the Kooteneys. Is there any vibration noise in either position? I read a review of a Harley owner that put one on and mentioned the vibration.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Dale.

I have one on my RSV and I really like it. If its hot just put the top part down and when it gets chilly or you plan on a long day on the road put it up, It has stood up well being cleaned and I don't get any vibration at all. And seems to be pretty good in the rain.

Orlin

I love mine. I don't flip it as often as I thought I would, but it's just enough shorter than stock for ne to comfortably look over instead of through. The extra width helped smooth the airflow. Gives me a comfortable bubble of almost still air at speed.

I'd buy another one.

I like mine except for one thing. The shaded lower portion makes it hard to see the road surface close to the bike, especially in fading light. We tend to use the whole evening when we're out for a ride, and coming down the last 2 miles of gravel to the house, it can be real hard to see the ridges of deep gravel that you want to avoid, that sort of thing. It probably looks better shaded, but I'd see better with it clear. I asked about clear lowers when I ordered mine, but they weren't available at that time.

I have a 2007 RSV and had the 10.5" adjustable on since may 2013. I only put the extension up 2x and not for long. Air goes over my head anyway. I made the mistake of putting loctite on the center set screws a year ago. Sunday the lucite broke at both hold down screws and I had a windshield in my left hand at 80mph totally my fault. NEVER USE LOCTITE ON PLASTIC !

I just called them and ordered an 11" fixed. Since I never "adjusted" I didn't see a reason to have the feature. if the 11 inch is actuall 1/2 taller than the adjustable 10.5" then I will like it even better because I ride with my full face shield open and if I set up slightly to adjust my butt then the air directly hits the top of the shield and lowers it for me - nice feature if you want to lower your shield with out touching it, just sit up straight - but with the extra 1/2 in height the air might just go a little higher over the top of the open face shield.I agree with the darkness of the shield being a problem at dusk riding on gravel but when that happens I just sit up taller as I always see over it anyway.

Be careful taking off the chrome plastic thing. Take your time and unsnap each " clip" downward after removing the two panel set screws.

My two cents

VentureFar...

I only have mine flipped down in hot weather and short trips. This requires my helmet face shield lowered and it can get warm. Most of my riding is in the raised position and it provides great protection. Very little wind buffeting for rider and passenger and I ride with my face shield open.

I do agree that the tinted lower makes it difficult to see in some slow speed maneuvers especially in low light.

overall I do prefer it over the stock windshield

Good question Dale, and thanks everyone for the insightful responses.

I too am interested in the baggershield for my RSV since seeing a couple of them at Krusin the Kootenai. The stock shield is a bit tall for my liking, don't like looking through it when it rains. Based on these responses I think I'll give it a try.

Thanks all, Ron

Good question Dale, and thanks everyone for the insightful responses.

I too am interested in the baggershield for my RSV since seeing a couple of them at Krusin the Kootenai. The stock shield is a bit tall for my liking, don't like looking through it when it rains. Based on these responses I think I'll give it a try.

Thanks all, Ron

I just bought the 11 inch to replace my adjustable that I ruined with loctite. The Reason I am going with the straight 11 inch is that I never convert it. Wife says when riding pillion she is comfortable with the air flow.

I'm just sayin'

Venturefar. ..