IGNORED

Squirt as a coolant????

Air Ready Auto

So I just witnessed this guy putting Squirt (the soda) into this ladies radiator in her minivan. He was rattling off about how it is really the best coolant and how it prevents leaks and increases gass mileage because it flows better through the system and a whole bunch of other stuff... Now ive been working on cars for around 17 years and have been working on diesels for three years now. Am I missing something or was this guy absent the day brains were handed out? Ive heard and even tried some rather unconventional repairs before but this one is a little out there for me.

I would have to throw the BS flag. Now it may work as a temp stop leak with the sugar and all, but as I ask my students if your stopping up a hole in the radiator, do ya think it might be clogging up tubes in the radiator?

I will say that a month or so ago I had a radiator start leaking again. I went ahead and replaced the cap and hoses as all were 2002 vintage. I just put distilled water in it and some water wetter type product. I figure I will run it all summer and see how it does. However I dont think it adds any freeze protection, so if I think I'm leaving Fla this winter I'll have to do something.

I work part time at a local auto shop and have seen some doosies. Some of my faves are- self balancing viper hubcaps, using air soft pellets in the tire to balance while driving, using a cup of trany fluid in with the engine oil as a "oil treatment", getting 87 gas and adding 3 shots of whiskey to "up the octane", adding stop leak to the fuel to plug a leaking fuel filter, filling a tire with Great Stuff (spray foam insulation), using oven cleaner inside the muffler to keep it clean and quiet, and the ever popular winter to summer air swap...

I use to dribble water down the carbs on older cars to de carbon them. the look on some peoples faces was priceless but it worked.

but I never heard od any one doing squirt in the radiator.

now my uncle use to put a can of black pepper in a radiator to stop small leaks and it did work?

I never understood what he said about putting a boot in a tire? I think he meant some kind of tube patch?

as fool said something wet in an emergency. I do recall me and 6 other men in my army unit peeing into a jeep radiator LOL

The reason it works so well is that the bubbles from the carbonation makes the vehicle lighter so the gas mileage improves from the weight/drag loss. Then due to the floating sensation of the vehicle and the lighter weight from less gravity, the motor does not have to work as hard and due to the lower pressure from the higher altitude, the motor doesn't work as hard so the internal heat pressure is lower and the coolant doesn't leak out the holes. Works best in Ford products. I thought everybody knew this.... :detective:

:rotf::rotfl:

A fool born every minute, and they all voted for Obama... :rasberry:

On the F150 forum, an oil company lab technician posted that "water wetter" would cause corrosion in the cooling system because of electrolysis. I don't know. Just passing on good or bad information. At least it's free information!

um wow I have heard it all now.. I have heard of putting egg whites in a radiator to temporarily plug a hole... but squirt maybe he was hoping she would believe it so she could get on her way home. But I was in autozone one day and a lady came in looking for blinker fluid... was trying to find it in the store they went along with it tho it was pretty funny..... the lady had to be in her early 30s im shocked she had never heard of that one before...:doh:

um wow I have heard it all now.. I have heard of putting egg whites in a radiator to temporarily plug a hole... but squirt maybe he was hoping she would believe it so she could get on her way home. But I was in autozone one day and a lady came in looking for blinker fluid... was trying to find it in the store they went along with it tho it was pretty funny..... the lady had to be in her early 30s im shocked she had never heard of that one before...:doh:

A while back there was a thread about blinker fluid. Here is the video