IGNORED

What does your forum Name mean or represent?

VanRiver

Hey Cow Puc. How did Tippy get her name?:think:

Long story shortened by a copy/paste from answering that one before Ron:

Back in the late 80's I salvaged my first Venture,, an 84 Blonde Royale (whose side covers can be seen on 1st Gen #5 known as "Tweeks" with close to a million miles on em).. Bought it to take my kids cross country touring (was doing a lot of it on Dual Sports and stuff but needed KID time - grabbed an "estate sale special") to get some one on one with em.. Two oldest were already riding, used to camping (deer woods) and loved the outdoors.. Took my time with em around Michigan on the 84,, starting with the two oldest (7 and 8 year old daughters).. They named that great big beautiful blonde girl "Big Girl", which instantly became B G, which soon became BEEG - crazy world raising kids.

Next summer I announced that I was looking for a rider to go out west on a motorcycle trip,, 1st born has always been the timid one, a precious little girl just a little timid,, always liked to let her younger sister "test the waters" before she would bite.. Looked at the 2nd born and teasingly said your too little,, still remember the look on her face

http://i.imgur.com/BV4YY.gif

We packed up, headed west, my 8 year old, always the brave one of the bunch,, little crazy like her dad, daughter of mine and I. As we cuddled up in a tent under the stars on the rim of the Grand Canyon we got chatting about biker life.. One of the things we talked about was weird biker names we had heard mentioned along the path.. She was really intriqued by those colorful names she had heard.. We decided we needed biker names and talked about "finding" them before the trip was over...

One of the weird things that always seems to happen to me when I am touring has to do with cows.. I always manage to find and step in cow manurehttp://www.sovietsteeds.com/forums/images/smilies/bs.gif when we camp - still happens to this very day!! My daughter always laughed at me shaking the stuff off my tennis shoes.. Our kids were never allowed to swear, even "questionable" words like poop or crap were not allowed as youngsters (think thats bad - they were even forced to call adult neighbors by Mr. or Mrs. - addressing an adult by a first name was a no-no around our home).. My daughter had a "lisp" back than,, it was on more than one occasion that she pointed and yelled "dont step in the cow pucky daddy",, somehow I could never miss all of it... As a result, she figured I had earned the name of Cowpuc and it stuck :Laugh:

One of the problems we had while crossing AZ headed toward Needles while on that trip was keeping a hat on her little head... I wasnt about to force her to wear her helmet in that heat (+115) but she had really really fine hair that absolutely had to have a cap of some kind.. We finally managed to figure out that one of my caps on backwards with a couple rubber bands poked thru it and wrapped under her chin worked!! I named her "Cappie" - that stuck too..

Other kids all wanted "biker" names but each understood the "biker code" = they had to "earn" their names,, 3 days of touring or more... Now Tip and I have an "Awawhoo" (1st born - woke up out in North Dakota with her singing to the Morning Doves), "Cappie" who you have met, "P-Dog" - son LOVED looking for and playing with Prairie Dogs out in South Dakota, "TOTR" (pronounced Totter), last born LOVES the Tunnel Of Trees up in Northern Michigan = Tunnel Of Trees Rider and TIP,, that Tippy earned her name after the kids were grown,, she stayed home many many times and watched over three little kids while the 4th one was out chasing around the country with ol Puc... She has been, still is and will forever be my "Treasure In Person".. :thumbsup:

Many years ago my oldest daughter had a shirt made for me for my Birthday.. I only wear it for very special occasions cause it means a lot to me .. She has taken it and added the shoulder patches as my youngest and Tippy earned their names.. You will notice the name "K-Puck" on the back,, a result of a young girl not wanting anyone to think of her pappa as poop.. Later in life she offered to change it but,, aint no way,,, aint no how.....

attachment.php?attachmentid=82055&d=1392241205

attachment.php?attachmentid=82058&d=1392241205

attachment.php?attachmentid=82059&d=1392241205

attachment.php?attachmentid=82060&d=1392241205

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During my time in the Navy in the mid 70's my buddies used last names all the time and mine was shortened from Fredock to Fredo and then they added Frodo. I was introduced to new people as Fredo and they always mentioned "You can call him Frodo too"

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160703/5425fc950374e2ae8a1f71858e57d8a7.jpg

Says it all! [emoji621]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That is a great Buick. They made the GSX which was a very underrated muscle car

Back in the day I had a '67 Coronet 440, it was a great car till I decided to go blasting through a meadow filled with ferns and found a tree stump which tore out the core support and moved the engine cross member back about 4" and broke the tail shaft off the transmission :doh: YES it was a quick stop! :confused24:

Which Stinks for me BC I was a MOPAR fanatic back in those days. A bit younger to own and have one, but those cuda's, GTX, charger, challengers, road runners, cornonets etc all were just smoking cars

I have owned at least one of each car you list. I still have my high school car which is a 1968 Fastback Barracuda 340 4 speed all original I've had it since April 26th 1976. Guess you could say I'm still a Mopar fanatic. My daily driver is a 1999 Dodge Durango with a 360, my truck is a 1996 Dodge 3500 with a V10 gas. Those are on top of the several antique Mack Trucks I have also.

I have owned at least one of each car you list. I still have my high school car which is a 1968 Fastback Barracuda 340 4 speed all original I've had it since April 26th 1976. Guess you could say I'm still a Mopar fanatic. My daily driver is a 1999 Dodge Durango with a 360, my truck is a 1996 Dodge 3500 with a V10 gas. Those are on top of the several antique Mack Trucks I have also.

:worthless:

In 2006 I joined the local volunteer fire department. At the meeting to vote me in as a member they voted me in as their chaplain because I am the local United Methodist Pastor. Then when I gave them a funny look they asked if I wanted to fight fires also. My reply was I thought that was what I was joining for so they accepted me as both chaplain and fellow firefighter. Of course that meant I earned the nick name Rev.

The KS is simple those are my initials.

So revks became my online.

In 1967 I joined the Canadian Army, since I was born in England I could serve only in Canada. I found out that if I became a Canadian citizen I could go over to Germany, so I went ahead and signed all the papers. When I went to pay they said since you are in the Canadian Armed Forces it would cost me 5;00$. So I am a Five Dollar Canadian. So I became a 5Buck Kanuck. Its also my CB handle when I was driving transport trucks.

After reading all these great responses, I feel that my name is boring!

40 plus years in film, video and radio.... Living in Arizona..... Tried for "videoAz" as a web site many moons ago, but it was taken.... Hence videoarizona.

Remember, It's a dry heat....

While in the Navy I was honored to work on the Phalanx Close In Weapons System. (Real FC type stuff.) In basic terms, Air Ready Auto is the setting you select on the weapons system when s*** hits the fan and you need to defend the ship no matter what. I am the oldest of 18 (11 brothers and 6 sisters) and I'm rather big -6'4" 240lb-. I come from a kind of broken family and I took the protection of my younger siblings very seriously... still do. My baby sister turned 18 a few months ago. She has this mid 20's guy sniffing around her. At her (high school) graduation party, I gave him a little box and told him to open it. He did and pulled out a bullet. I had him sign it, showed him my sniper qualification, took the bullet back and gently (kind of) explained to him that the next time he would see that bullet would be in the ER as the doctors removed it from his you-know-where. My sister rolled her eyes at me and said "Your just ready for anything". She has no idea what tactics I have planned for any little scum who ever gets near one of my daughters.

I used to own a barter exchange franchise and one of the main functions was to help members trade goods and services with other members.

hence. "Trader"

At work I was also known as "Thumper" because of being one of Jehovah's Witnesses...but that was taken

Dogman. I have been blessed and highly favoured being a K9 Officer for 24 years. I would show up at a scene, and other Officers would say the dogman is here, or K9guy is here. When I bought my Venture, friends said I should get a personalized licence plate for the bike since I had done K9 work for so long I tried to get K9guy, but that was taken so checked on Dogman and it was available. I then found the Venture site by fluke (as I'm not a computer guy) when attempting to do some research on my bike. So I thought to keep with the theme I would use Dogman, but not being a computer guy I forgot to capitalize the D, so it is dogman.

I should have done a google search before I chose my avatar, but google wasn't available back then.

I was dating a girl named Marca back when I was 18 or so, I dated lots of then opposite sex types and enjoyed them all I think, but this one became something special. While sitting at lunch one day, all by myself and being bored I wrote her name on the leg of my jeans, and then just naturally added rl.

Now I realize that her name came first and then mine, but it didn't matter none, we matched, we married (her fault) and we had kids (her fault as well)but I had some input) and we are still living in the same house, sleep in the same bed and go places together.

It was a match, and still is. So MarCarl has stuck!

Known her for 48 years, married 46 years.

mine is easy...i rode dirtbikes as kid. I'd gone through several streetbikes as a young adult but pretty much got rid of everything 20 years ago.

When we had our first kid he begged for a dirtbike (a boy after my own heart). I told him when he could ride a pedal bike without training wheels id get him one. 3 days later ( and 3 days befor his 4th bday) i had to get him a dirtbike (xr50). Before age 5 he was racing on an rm65. Then i got another dirtbike and thats pretty well my passion until he left for college. His sister followed with her first xt50 at age 5. We were the family of dbikersat the track and hare scramble courses.

Well, the kids have outgrown it but actually is still a passion of mine (with 3 freshly broken ribs to prove it).

If i added up all of my dirt and street injuries over ther years i'd likely give it all up for shuffleboard, but im not that smart

On my second tour in Afghanistan I worked for a man who had a thoroughly impressive handlebar moustache. After seeing it every day for months I got the thought "I could do that". After I got home my son talked me into doing the beginner bike course with him. At one point during the training one of the instructors came out with "Hey Stache! Try that again. Of course my son heard it, told family and friends. Some adopted it. I think I'm stuck with it now.

Mine is a bit obvious.

I like to play with anything that will fly.

I started with model airplanes 50 years ago and never stopped. I even managed to get my private pilots license to be able to fly full size airplanes even with passengers.

airplane-smile-propeller.gif

Mine is a bit obvious.

I like to play with anything that will fly.

I started with model airplanes 50 years ago and never stopped. I even managed to get my private pilots license to be able to fly full size airplanes even with passengers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]106124[/ATTACH]

:confused24::confused24::confused24:,,,, I always thought "FlyinFool" was swihillian for "White Washing Maniac That Not Even A Fool Will Mess With" :think::think::think: