IGNORED

New Members/Trial Members PLEASE READ

Freebird

• 4 weeks later...
I get several emails per day from newer members/trial members asking why they are suddenly unable to search forums, download attachments and various other things. You get a message that says something like "you do not have permissions" to perform certain tasks.

Pretty much 100% of the time it is because your trial membership or your supporting membership has expired. I then often get an email back stating something like "thank you but I didn't realize that it was a trial membership".

This post is meant to be informative, NOT scolding. When you go to the home page of VentureRider.org and read the introduction, it clearly states that you are signing up for a free 60 day trial. When you get your welcome email, it also welcomes you to your free 60 day trial.

I am not trying to trick anybody here. I try to make it very clear that the free membership is indeed for a 60 day trial. I also state that upon completion of the free trial or sooner if you like what you find here, full membership is only $12.00 per year. Folks that is $1.00 per month and I think affordable for most anybody. I hope so. As cheap as it is, if you truly have some serious financial issues just send me a message. I have given a free years to several people who were truly having problems.

Now let me say that almost everybody is OK with the answer once they learn that their trial membership has simply expired. I've only had one person ever who got upset about it. He was from somewhere in California and said that he was a retired cop and he knew a thing or two about "bait and switch" scams and that he was never told that it was only a free trial. I'm sorry people, but if a retired cop missed ALL the notifications that the free membership was only a 60 day trial then I'm guessing that he wasn't a detective.

So like I said, this post is not meant to scold anybody, well except maybe that retired cop if he even checks things out still, but just an explanation to those of you who might have missed the terms.

It is easy to become a supporting member. Just click on "Membership" in the menu bar at the top of the page.

Thanks

Thank you I understand.

Will P

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
I get several emails per day from newer members/trial members asking why they are suddenly unable to search forums, download attachments and various other things. You get a message that says something like "you do not have permissions" to perform certain tasks.

Pretty much 100% of the time it is because your trial membership or your supporting membership has expired. I then often get an email back stating something like "thank you but I didn't realize that it was a trial membership".

This post is meant to be informative, NOT scolding. When you go to the home page of VentureRider.org and read the introduction, it clearly states that you are signing up for a free 60 day trial. When you get your welcome email, it also welcomes you to your free 60 day trial.

I am not trying to trick anybody here. I try to make it very clear that the free membership is indeed for a 60 day trial. I also state that upon completion of the free trial or sooner if you like what you find here, full membership is only $12.00 per year. Folks that is $1.00 per month and I think affordable for most anybody. I hope so. As cheap as it is, if you truly have some serious financial issues just send me a message. I have given a free years to several people who were truly having problems.

Now let me say that almost everybody is OK with the answer once they learn that their trial membership has simply expired. I've only had one person ever who got upset about it. He was from somewhere in California and said that he was a retired cop and he knew a thing or two about "bait and switch" scams and that he was never told that it was only a free trial. I'm sorry people, but if a retired cop missed ALL the notifications that the free membership was only a 60 day trial then I'm guessing that he wasn't a detective.

So like I said, this post is not meant to scold anybody, well except maybe that retired cop if he even checks things out still, but just an explanation to those of you who might have missed the terms.

It is easy to become a supporting member. Just click on "Membership" in the menu bar at the top of the page.

Thanks

Thank you! I am now a supporting member and cannot begin to explain how helpful this site has been.

• 1 month later...

Thanks. Loving my Star Venture TC. Looking forward to sharing and receiving info with other members here.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I'm joe brand new here and i have to say. When i signed up, I had no idea there was a trial membership. Over the past year I have used up way more than $12.00 worth of information from this site. Your site is great. I just need to learn how to navigate it now. Thanks Guys.

Igpig said:
Ok, so I'm joe brand new here and i have to say. When i signed up, I had no idea there was a trial membership. Over the past year I have used up way more than $12.00 worth of information from this site. Your site is great. I just need to learn how to navigate it now. Thanks Guys.

The 2 best features for staying current on the site -- What's New and then under that Mark All Forums Read. I see everything new since my last visit. When I read all the posts I want to read I mark the forums read. Next visit sme thing. Keeps the list short and covers the entire site.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
On 9/17/2020 at 7:15 PM, bpate4home said:

The 2 best features for staying current on the site -- What's New and then under that Mark All Forums Read. I see everything new since my last visit. When I read all the posts I want to read I mark the forums read. Next visit sme thing. Keeps the list short and covers the entire site.

Really very useful and handy features. I will remember them and use them. This is really much clearer and easier if it will be seen in which section there are new messages.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

OK, I am back. It's been a few years guys and gals. My bike stopped running around 2016 and with everything going on in life I just kinda let it sit. Finally got tired of seeing the old girl whither away and fixed it. Will be posting what I found later this week after I have it all back together. I will just give you a hint. I did a small adjustment on the idle and she never would start after that. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Good to see some familiar names.  Haven't been riding much since YAMMERDANS and BRAKEPADS accident(s) but that's about to change.  Wife  was informed Tuesday that she had Covid so now Penny, Aunt Mary and I are home quarantined for the next 10 days.  I renewed my membership today(damn 4 years went by quick) and look forward to catching up.  I scored a fuel tank gauge pod for my Venture a while back and am going to order the gauges for it. I believe someone on this site actually made them.  I dropped fascist book and twitter, but can be found under my name  in Mewe.com.

Edited by Joe in WV

16 hours ago, Joe in WV said:

Good to see some familiar names.  Haven't been riding much since YAMMERDANS and BRAKEPADS accident(s) but that's about to change.  Wife  was informed Tuesday that she had Covid so now Penny, Aunt Mary and I are home quarantined for the next 10 days.  I renewed my membership today(damn 4 years went by quick) and look forward to catching up.  I scored a fuel tank gauge pod for my Venture a while back and am going to order the gauges for it. I believe someone on this site actually made them.  I dropped fascist book and twitter, but can be found under my name  in Mewe.com.

Sorry to hear about your wife I hope its only a relative mild case. We almost lost both my sister and brother in law to covid. They both were hospitalized for a month and a half, placed on ventilators and at one point we thought we were going to loose them. Miraculously the pulled through though my sister in law has had to under go three surgery's to repair damaged vocal cords from her trying to rip out the ventilator. The cords were healing together which means instead of parting and closing as she breathes they would block her air flow causing her to choke and unable to breath. If this third surgery does not succeed her only option is a tracheotomy. So far things are looking hopeful.   

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Joe in WV said:

WE'II  be praying for a sucessful surgery then.. so far so good for us. Upset stomachs, weak and sore and can't sleep are our symptoms. Sitting here at VA. Penny's is getting that mono...?antibodies infusion.

Praying you all have  a quick recovery and minimal effects. 

• 5 months later...

Hey everybody!  Thanks for having me Freebird!  Just wanted to reply to your welcome message brother!  Never been here before so I’ll start here. Just bought my long time “dream bike” from a guy in Sharon, WI last weekend and couldn’t be much happier!  Finally got my 2004 Midnight Venture!!!  Looking forward to getting to know you guys and hittin the road!  Thanks for the warm welcome!  I’ll gladly pay some dues once I figure out the site a little better. Be safe out there brothers!

• 1 month later...

As much as I hate to say it, Don.....

a) My membership DID expire, sometime, gawd knows when exactly

b) I went to post something in the Wateringhole today regarding an upcoming trip we're planning, and.....

c) I didn't KNOW "a" had happened

d) there was no indication on the page that the reason I couldn't post was my expired membership. There was no indication of ANYTHING. I was just presented with a page that I could "read", but no visible indication of HOW TO post....and no visible explanation/notification of why I couldn't.

e) I even emailed marcarl to find out what was going on....so you KNOW how desperate I was! LOL

f) I DID take a screen shot of the entire homepage of the Wateringhole Forum, so if you're interested in what I saw, and why the solution eluded me, I'm happy to send you a copy of it.

In fact.....let's try it here.....

I know, I know..... - mws.michaelwilliamscott@gmail.com - Gmail.html

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/30/2016 at 10:33 AM, Freebird said:

Thanks

Got it. image.png.8eb01b5f8f0b3fbfc5be4d15613025f4.png

• 5 months later...

Don just bought a rear tire on rim and rear fender from a guy from Facebook Marketplace and suggested for him to look up our web site. He has a converted trike 2006(Hannigan) His name is Dave Stone from Simcoe Ontario