IGNORED

New Members/Trial Members PLEASE READ

Freebird

• 1 month later...
I get several emails per day from newer members/trial members asking why they are suddenly unable to search forums, download attachments and various other things. You get a message that says something like "you do not have permissions" to perform certain tasks.

Pretty much 100% of the time it is because your trial membership or your supporting membership has expired. I then often get an email back stating something like "thank you but I didn't realize that it was a trial membership".

This post is meant to be informative, NOT scolding. When you go to the home page of VentureRider.org and read the introduction, it clearly states that you are signing up for a free 60 day trial. When you get your welcome email, it also welcomes you to your free 60 day trial.

I am not trying to trick anybody here. I try to make it very clear that the free membership is indeed for a 60 day trial. I also state that upon completion of the free trial or sooner if you like what you find here, full membership is only $12.00 per year. Folks that is $1.00 per month and I think affordable for most anybody. I hope so. As cheap as it is, if you truly have some serious financial issues just send me a message. I have given a free years to several people who were truly having problems.

Now let me say that almost everybody is OK with the answer once they learn that their trial membership has simply expired. I've only had one person ever who got upset about it. He was from somewhere in California and said that he was a retired cop and he knew a thing or two about "bait and switch" scams and that he was never told that it was only a free trial. I'm sorry people, but if a retired cop missed ALL the notifications that the free membership was only a 60 day trial then I'm guessing that he wasn't a detective.

So like I said, this post is not meant to scold anybody, well except maybe that retired cop if he even checks things out still, but just an explanation to those of you who might have missed the terms.

It is easy to become a supporting member. Just click on "Membership" in the menu bar at the top of the page.

Thanks

Thank you fellow members. hope to be a regular member very soon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hello comunnity, my name is Jack, i live in Clifton.

I am owner of 2010 yamaha vmax

Hi @Cheleva, my name is Cowpuc,, :2YELLOW:! Please bring your 2010 1700cc V-Max to Freebirds maintenance day in Ohio in June if at all possible! It is rumored that Mom Yam is going to be present to watch a drag race being held between all three generations of the Yamaha Venture we all love, including the much larger 1900cc air cooled V-Twin that was chosen over the engine in your bike because of its advanced performance. Having your bike sitting at the finish line with its big block V-4 facing that finish may give Mom Yam a clue as to why the majority of the lop eared varmints on our site, regardless of the wishes of those on the Air Cooled V-Twin sites wanted, really was hoping Mom Yam would keep the bloodline pure by continuing with the V-4,, and THE V-4 you have in your bike!! Of course, another option would be to have you, and your 1700cc V-4 join the little race so we could all get a real comparison of the engine performances that Mom Yam put out = THAT would be AWESOME!!!!!!

Also,, if you see a wholesome looking varmint with an old sticker covered Venture riding around, please dont be afraid to let him ride your bike!!:group cheers:

Sincerely yours

Puc

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all! Newbie J here - just got a 2009 RSTD and can't believe how much of an upgrade that has been from my old Virago. Almost as much of an upgrade that I've found so far searching through this forum! Happy to find this community.

I'm up in good old Wisconsin - the heart if Harley country near Milwaukee.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Hey all! Newbie J here - just got a 2009 RSTD and can't believe how much of an upgrade that has been from my old Virago. Almost as much of an upgrade that I've found so far searching through this forum! Happy to find this community.

I'm up in good old Wisconsin - the heart if Harley country near Milwaukee.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Waddup J!! :welcome1::welcome::2YELLOW::group cheers::group cheers:!

Wisconsin is a great, fun place to be from,, gots lots of lop eared VR varmint buddies over in CheeseHead, White Wash (we got a club member here who lives in your area that manufactures Wisconsin White Wash (snow) and sends it all over the country - his names @Flyinfool = really a nice guy! Lots of others too.. Matter of fact, another one of our members hosts a fantastic club Rally at his place every year over in Viraqua (sp). Maybe check the club calendar or snoop around in the Water Hole a tad = think it's in June - dont quote me on that though cause my memory is all blowed to heck.. If you get a chance to make a rally or two, or five you should do so = LOTS of REALLY great varmints out there on the open road to :witch_brew: and :stickpoke: with!!

By the way,,, :ice_congrats-vi6886 on the new scoot my friend!! Treat er fair and she'll give ya many many miles of smokin them Milwaukee V-Twins and endless miles of smiles to boot!!

Back at cha on the other side of the pond (Muskegon Mi)

Puc

• 3 weeks later...

This by far the best page yet. Well worth the $12.00 😎

I get several emails per day from newer members/trial members asking why they are suddenly unable to search forums, download attachments and various other things. You get a message that says something like "you do not have permissions" to perform certain tasks.

Pretty much 100% of the time it is because your trial membership or your supporting membership has expired. I then often get an email back stating something like "thank you but I didn't realize that it was a trial membership".

This post is meant to be informative, NOT scolding. When you go to the home page of VentureRider.org and read the introduction, it clearly states that you are signing up for a free 60 day trial. When you get your welcome email, it also welcomes you to your free 60 day trial.

I am not trying to trick anybody here. I try to make it very clear that the free membership is indeed for a 60 day trial. I also state that upon completion of the free trial or sooner if you like what you find here, full membership is only $12.00 per year. Folks that is $1.00 per month and I think affordable for most anybody. I hope so. As cheap as it is, if you truly have some serious financial issues just send me a message. I have given a free years to several people who were truly having problems.

Now let me say that almost everybody is OK with the answer once they learn that their trial membership has simply expired. I've only had one person ever who got upset about it. He was from somewhere in California and said that he was a retired cop and he knew a thing or two about "bait and switch" scams and that he was never told that it was only a free trial. I'm sorry people, but if a retired cop missed ALL the notifications that the free membership was only a 60 day trial then I'm guessing that he wasn't a detective.

So like I said, this post is not meant to scold anybody, well except maybe that retired cop if he even checks things out still, but just an explanation to those of you who might have missed the terms.

It is easy to become a supporting member. Just click on "Membership" in the menu bar at the top of the page.

Thanks

Thanks

Thank you for the opportunity to join VenturrRider.org. I'm on several FB Yamaha Venture pages and this forum is often referred to for the experience and resources of other Venture owners. I look forward to acquiring more knowledge here and hope I can give back as well.

Danny

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the message, I am hoping that this forum will help me with questions on my new purchase of a 2018 Star Venture TC as I have been a Kawasaki man my entire life and this is a total different bike than I am use to, Maybe its just my age now. I hope to find the right information that I need here. Also hope to find new friends to maybe ride with.

Thanks for the message, I am hoping that this forum will help me with questions on my new purchase of a 2018 Star Venture TC as I have been a Kawasaki man my entire life and this is a total different bike than I am use to, Maybe its just my age now. I hope to find the right information that I need here. Also hope to find new friends to maybe ride with.

Hi ya Rustic and :welcome1::RED::group cheers:!!

I am sure you have heard the saying that says "if it dont say Sunkist on it, you dont know whats inside? Knowing your new scoot probably dont say Sunkist on it and in an effort to help you discover whats inside,, here are a couple short vids to assist you in finding out..

And to assist you in your effort to find new friends to ride with I highly recommend you join us the annual Maintenance Day that @Freebird is putting on in Oberlin Ohio this coming Saturday if possible.. Guarenteed if you do you will not only find new friends to ride with but will also discover things about your new bike by attending! Here is a link to that upcoming party: https://www.venturerider.org/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=513&day=2019-6-15&c=1!! Hope to see you there!!

and here's a peek at those vids:

• 2 weeks later...

Now let me say that almost everybody is OK with the answer once they learn that their trial membership has simply expired. I've only had one person ever who got upset about it. He was from somewhere in and said that he was a retired cop and he knew a thing or two about "bait and switch" scams and that he was never told that it was only a free trial. I'm sorry people, but if a retired cop missed ALL the notifications that the free membership was only a 60 day trial then I'm guessing that he wasn't a detective.

It is easy to become a supporting member. Just click on in the menu bar at the top of the page.

Thanks

Thank you, i understand and i don't live in California. So i will pay the $12 "Membership".

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...