IGNORED

New Members/Trial Members PLEASE READ

Freebird

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I get several emails per day from newer members/trial members asking why they are suddenly unable to search forums, download attachments and various other things. You get a message that says something like "you do not have permissions" to perform certain tasks.

Pretty much 100% of the time it is because your trial membership or your supporting membership has expired. I then often get an email back stating something like "thank you but I didn't realize that it was a trial membership".

This post is meant to be informative, NOT scolding. When you go to the home page of VentureRider.org and read the introduction, it clearly states that you are signing up for a free 60 day trial. When you get your welcome email, it also welcomes you to your free 60 day trial.

I am not trying to trick anybody here. I try to make it very clear that the free membership is indeed for a 60 day trial. I also state that upon completion of the free trial or sooner if you like what you find here, full membership is only $12.00 per year. Folks that is $1.00 per month and I think affordable for most anybody. I hope so. As cheap as it is, if you truly have some serious financial issues just send me a message. I have given a free years to several people who were truly having problems.

Now let me say that almost everybody is OK with the answer once they learn that their trial membership has simply expired. I've only had one person ever who got upset about it. He was from somewhere in California and said that he was a retired cop and he knew a thing or two about "bait and switch" scams and that he was never told that it was only a free trial. I'm sorry people, but if a retired cop missed ALL the notifications that the free membership was only a 60 day trial then I'm guessing that he wasn't a detective.

So like I said, this post is not meant to scold anybody, well except maybe that retired cop if he even checks things out still, but just an explanation to those of you who might have missed the terms.

It is easy to become a supporting member. Just click on "Membership" in the menu bar at the top of the page.

Thanks

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you, for your welcome. I should have joined long ago. of, cousre I will be submitting a problem question. I would like to pay the fee before the end of the day. I have take the Grannys out now. I will look later and see how to pay.

• 2 months later...

My husband and I purchased a Honda lawn mower from SAM's Club that has a nice self-propel feature. Holding the handle lets it push itself -- and it does a nice job of it -- or letting the handle out allows the operator to push it for himself. I like the feature.

My husband and I purchased a Honda lawn mower from SAM's Club that has a nice self-propel feature. Holding the handle lets it push itself -- and it does a nice job of it -- or letting the handle out allows the operator to push it for himself. I like the feature.

Huh????

Thanks for letting me come aboard for the trial run... I've been part of a couple of forums for motorcycles:7_6_2[1]:, cars:auto: and fishing. They've all been free, but i completely understand the fees as well.:sign bring it on: So no problem from me about that. I've been very pleased with what I've been able to see and look at on the site without registering and thats why i wanted to come on board.:dancefool: I'm looking at getting the new Venture sometime this year and thats how I found you guys. When my times up if not before I'll most likely pay my measly $12 and continue to stay on board...:fingers crossed:

Thanks,

Will R.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I saw your post before you deleted it and found your thread from yesterday in the "Moderation" queue. That should not have happened but it does from time to time. Something about a anti-spam key that I have installed that sometimes does a false positive. Sorry about that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Howdy. Just wanted to give y'all a shout . I just brought an 04 venture. Looking forward to learning about this amazing bike I traded my 03 Kawasaki voyager which I owned for 10 years it had 68,000 miles . I've put 700 miles on the venture in just 8 days and so far I like it a whole lot.take care and be safe .🏍

• 1 month later...