IGNORED

Be careful out there riding.

EtRider

I have to wonder how anyone could prepare to have some big thing drop into the road right ahead of them? Seems like the person on the bike took reasonable evasive action but the rolled up thing just happened to end up right in their path. Wrong place at the wrong time.

Yesterday I darned near ran straight into a cement truck on a 90 degree blind corner (a house built close to the road totally blocks the view of oncoming traffic). This small rural road typically has almost zero traffic - I only saw two cars in about 1/2 hour. But, as bad luck would have it, the cement truck arrived at the blind corner exactly at the same time as I did. And it nearly filled the entire road. And, probably because of the non-existent traffic, the truck driver chose to run through the stop sign facing him at that corner. I didn't have a stop sign in my direction and was moving at a reasonable speed through the corner - only to find the road nearly completely blocked by the oncoming truck. Hard braking, swerving, some rear wheel sliding, and I cleared the truck by 3 or 4 feet - just as he noticed me and started to hit the brakes. Geesh. Darned near got creamed on a back road that I've been riding on for many years. Sometimes luck has a big part in our lives.

zag

Hard to say what I would have were I the rider, but classic example of aim for where it is now because it most likely will not be there when you get there.

Why the car that had to swerve on to the shoulder to avoid the bike did not stop is beyond me.

That rider is LUCKY he wasn't hurt worse!! For one thing looks like he was wearing shorts! His backpack probably helped out saving his upper body, no jacket. At least he had a helmet!!

Looks like he chose the wrong way to swerve, had he swerved left he probably would have missed it! Hope they catch up with the boat owner and throw the book at him...