IGNORED

Water bottle set up

I mounted a water bottle cage to the left saddlebag crash guard. Works great.

I used a cage that adjusts with a thumb screw to whatever water bottle you use. I use a CamelBak bottle that doesn't require tipping up (so it doesn't block my view of the road while taking a drink). It attaches using a 1" bar clamp I got from the bike store, and I installed it so the passenger floorboards still can be folded up.

Guest tx2sturgis

I like that!

Whats the cage called, by brand name? Have you got a link? Or does any bicycle shop have one?

When I take long rides, I like to have a bottle of water or maybe gatorade handy. That looks like just the ticket.

I bought the stuff from a bike store as they have a wide variety of mounts, cages and bottles. I paid $26 for the mount, cage & bottle. I used to use a camel pac backpack but I don't like wearing it on hot days. This works much better. Plus I can take the bottle off and hook a carabiner to it for hiking, climbing and stuff. I'm not sure of the brand name... but the shop had a lot of different options.

Great idea!

I ask for your personal opinion in that some of us suffer from Monkey Butt and others from Wide Butt Syndrome, and as one having the second complication, I have a feeling that the bottle might poke into a tender thigh or posterior area. Do you think that could be a problem for those concerned?

Have a great ridng season and thanks.

Gypsy:080402gudl_prv:

Believe it or not the best thing i have found is cheep sometimes it is free.I use a huggie

cut the bottom out put it on the gas cap put a small piece of paper towel in bottom to catch the moisture.when i finish the bottle of water i use it as a spit bottle because i chew tobacco.Ever tried spitting from your bike a 70 MPH.(not good)The huggie will ride there from now on.

Guest tx2sturgis
Believe it or not the best thing i have found is cheep sometimes it is free.I use a huggie

cut the bottom out put it on the gas cap put a small piece of paper towel in bottom to catch the moisture.when i finish the bottle of water i use it as a spit bottle because i chew tobacco.Ever tried spitting from your bike a 70 MPH.(not good)The huggie will ride there from now on.

:rotf::rotf:

A huggie?? Im picturing a big bad biker dude, with a Huggies DIAPER on his gas tank, billowing in the wind?!?!?

Oh gawd...tell me it isnt so....

I asked my wife to sit on back after I installed. The bottle doesn't effect the seating area at all,.. but it moved her foot out about 1 or 2 inches out from where she usually has it on the floorboard. She rarely rides two up with me anyway as she rides her own Vulcan 900,... anyway... I told her it was a feature.. and that she is welcome to drink out of it too...

Great idea!

I ask for your personal opinion in that some of us suffer from Monkey Butt and others from Wide Butt Syndrome, and as one having the second complication, I have a feeling that the bottle might poke into a tender thigh or posterior area. Do you think that could be a problem for those concerned?

Great idea!

I noticed that emack has the bottle set up pretty close to the bike. I'm thinking that you could probably mount the bottle farther out towards the outside of the bag and have plenty of room for Posterior, passenger feet etc.