IGNORED

Damn, I feel so alone.

spear

Just had a look at the Member Map and it would seem that I'm the only member living in all of South Australia.

Is it possible there are others who may not have 'pinned themselves' to the map?

Annie and Alan are in Western Australia. A bit of a distance from Spear lol

Before Annie bought her Harley Trike she rode an RSV. I assume they sold it. What ever happened to it?? Maybe it's moved to SoOz???

Just had a look at the Member Map and it would seem that I'm the only member living in all of South Australia.

Is it possible there are others who may not have 'pinned themselves' to the map?

Picturing you sitting there in the outback all by yourself with your feet propped up on the pipes of your scoot with your Swag (Quickstep taught me about those - never did see one but sure sounded like my kind of deal) all set for some catching some shut eye after cooking a Hot Dog makes me feel like you might need a bedtime story Spear.. How bout it???

True story about a time when I met some of your countrymen from down under here in the States...

A number of years ago my cousin and I strapped the tents on our scoots and headed out for the big Harley Rally in Sturgis South Dakota. It's a wild place, not as quiet as your outback but just as wild and dangerous I assure you.. We had been playing in the Black Hills all day, pulled into Rapid City (another wild town not to far from the Rally).. We were beat tired, was about 1 a.m.,, my cousin had never "toured" on a bike before so he was dependent on my expertise for picking out a camping spot.. I showed him how to check the skyline for the blinking lights of the towns water tower (water towers make great camp ground areas) which we did and soon were "Swagging" under the Rapid City water tower.. About 2 hours later the sky's opened up with a torrential down pour that was doubled in strength by the shape of the water tower.. The dome of the tower managed to gather and release enough water under it to form an instant mountain stream that actually had enough strength that I could feel my tent starting to float.. I rolled up in my sleeping bag tightly to protect myself in case the flood washed me down the mountain and to lessen the amount of screaming noises coming from my cousins tent and went back to sleep..

The next morning I awoke to a sensation that I had been sleeping in a soaking wet Hot Dog bun all night and my cousin did too - thankfully it was a very warm morning.. We rolled up our gear the best that we could and headed into town to see if we could find some dry clothes at a Good Will store to change into and maybe some grub.. After coming out of the store we found a gentleman staring at our wadded up camping gear on the backs of our bikes.. When we approached the bikes the man looked at us, smiled and said "rough nite eay"? I smiled back and said - "not really,, we needed showers anyway:rasberry:".. The guy laughed and started to tell us about some people from Australia who were camped in a campground not to far from where we had camped under the Water Tower and they had a couple kids who they had to rescue from the tent outside their 5th Wheel during the night from the same storm.. He said the folks from down under had came to the states, purchased a used rig and were touring the U.S. for a year.. I looked at my cousin, smiled and told him I would LOVE to go meet some Australians (I love meeting folks from far away places and hearing their stories).. The guy who was still staring at our mess looked at us and said "you should go over and meet them,, I have been camping next to them for a few nights now and they are really nice people". I asked if they seemed like they could take a joke? He laughed and said OH YEA - they are pranksters not to dissimilar from you two - I asked him what the guy from down unders first name was and what lot they were parked in at the campground...

After stopped and changed into our dry shorts behind some bushes I told my cousin I had an idea about introducing ourselves to the Aussies.. He glared at me and asked what I was up to.. As I pushed the start button on my Venture and told him to just follow my lead and away I went..

We pulled into the campground, found the lot the guy had told us about and found what looked like the 5th Wheel the guy back at the store had described.. A middle age man stepped out of the door of the trailer and glanced over at our bikes parked in the lot beside him, I looked up and said "Steve,, is that you? I cant believe it - what are you doing in the States?" (Steve being the name the guy back at the store had given us).. Of course, "Steve" from down under stared at me with total wonderment in his eyes,, carefully walked over to my bike all while staring at me.. I said, Steve,, its Scott,,, you remember,,, you and your wife met me in Sydney at the airport where I was having problems with my rental car and you helped me out and then later had me over for dinner :big-grin-emoticon:,,,, you got the wife and kids with ya??:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10: Thought my Aussie friend was gonna loose it or something so I came clean and told him the whole story.. To this day I have NEVER seen anybody laugh so hard in my life!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Come to find out, "Steve" and his family really were touring the U.S. for a whole year before reselling the rig and heading home to Australia. He said that they had purposely came to South Dakota during the Rally to "see the crazy bikers" and that what we had done TOTALLY made their trip:happy34:!!!

• 4 months later...
I have family that are farmers in OZ.http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=105757

You're kidding me. Used to go through Quirindi twice a year on my way to Tamworth. Anyway, left that neck of the woods 18 months ago and moved 1200kms south. Saddest thing is, I've sold the bike.

Gone over to a V6 TDI VW Touareg.

How are you doing Spear! I am sorry you are lonely. Any time you want company just Skype Ron (my First Husband and me). Hope you find that lost Venturerider there in South Australia.

Yama Mama

Thanks Mama.

Sold the bike. :(

Before Annie bought her Harley Trike she rode an RSV. I assume they sold it. What ever happened to it?? Maybe it's moved to SoOz???

I believe Alan took over the RSV when I bought her Voyager.

I've sold my bike - with Voyager outfit - to a guy in Annie's home city on the other side of the country.

How scary's that?

Don't know where in Australia they are from but I know that we have at least one or two more members. Annie and Quickstep come to mind. Maddog used to come around but don't know what happened to him.

Hey boss.

Annie and Al are in Perth, the capital of Western Australia. I'm in Adelaide, the capital of South Australia.

Sold the bike this week. By sheer coincidence it's going to Perth.

Thanks for a great website and 'club'.

Thank you also to everybody for the camaraderie and friendship.

I'm not going anywhere though. Will maintain my membership.

Cheers from Down Under.

Spear (rhymes with beer).

Hey Spear. Wouldn't be any way you would have any pics of the hookups on the rear of that voyager??

I'm down to trying to invent ways to use it. With drill &grimder and big hammer I think I could get it to work just not sure I could ride it. I have a kit that I was told came from a 03 RSV. The hookups aren't working like they should on my 99. Not sure what I'm needing. Getting ready to starting cutting and welding.