IGNORED

Shorter "Bagger style" windscreen vs full wind screen on RSV

Road_couch

:sign yeah that:

Wind turbulence is different, weather protection is different....and the shortie's issues are most noticeable in heavy high speed traffic. Turbulence hitting the head from semi's and such on the freeways is debilitating after a short while.

Been across country with/without a windshield...but wearing a helmet. Without the screen... the constant wind pressure was an even force but hard on the neck muscles. With the largest windshield, the backpressure allowed turbulence to come from sides and below...buffeting the head. With vent on large screen, the turbulence is minimized.

A lot also depends upon the fairing design or lack of.....so as RR said above....its mostly personal preference.

Suggest you find an old used screen and test it at full size, then cut it down and test again. Keep doing that a few inches at a time until you find the size that you like the best. Then you will know...

I tried cutting one down to 8", one 2 mile trip up the bypass at 70mph was all it took to go back to my xxl clearveiw windshield. Also if you ride with a passenger, they are going to get alot more buffeting. But I have seen guys with the shorter shields and they love them. Mite want to try the BaggerShield you would have the best of both in one shield.

Craig

Shorty beat me up so bad when I drove the bike home. PO gave me the OEM which I put on before the bike had a chance to cool. Since I have installed a full (but wider) Clearview which I have to see thru, not over. Very happy with it.

I have a bagger shield, It's the best of both worlds. Short tinted windscreen for around town and flip it up for the foul weather and highway rides. I do have a few issues but for the best of both worlds it's a compromise. Also got the hopnel three pouch pockets mounted to it without any modifications.

IMG_20160417_152658_01~2.jpg

I have a bagger shield, It's the best of both worlds. Short tinted windscreen for around town and flip it up for the foul weather and highway rides. I do have a few issues but for the best of both worlds it's a compromise. Also got the hopnel three pouch pockets mounted to it without any modifications.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105660[/ATTACH]

Could you possibly post a picture of the bag you have installed? I finally got my baggershield put on in April and I'm very happy with it. I would like to see the bag you have, I'm very interested.

Thanks

Since I don't do much out of the inclement riding I just went with a 10" smoke on the '07 and '99. Will probably go with one on the trike too...when I get around it. It satisfies my needs, looks kinda cool, and only cost $50 bucks!!

2014-06-20 10.38.53 (Medium).jpg

I did not like the full size screen as I could not see through it in the rain and it was too tall to see over. I got a shorter one, I think it is 13 inches and I can see over it but it still gives good protection.

How do you clean a Baggershield ? Is it like the F4 that you can use almost anything on it? How scratch resistant?

They have a sale on right now (15%) and I'm considering the 10.5 to 16.5". I have a Clearview (think it is the XL - stock height with vent). Can anyone offer a direct comparison?

Here is a pic with the clear section up.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105666[/ATTACH]

I have the exact Baggersheild one as well. I love it. As Great Adventure said it is the best of both worlds. When I ride on my own I love to flip the clear portion down, but it on a long ride or with my wife I always put it up.

Very easy to clean. I use either pledge or wax and it has not scratched. I always clean it pushing up and not in circles.

Mine is 3 years old and looks like I just installed it.

Just to add if I have bug splatters, I just spray it with water and wipe up and the windshield is clear again.

Edited by dogman
adding more

....Bought a 13", 2" wider shield several years ago with the thought of using it in the summer and the stock shield in winter...I've never gone back to the 17" stock!

I ride solo and the stock shield is mainly for the passenger in my opinion. I've ridden to Daytona and other multi-day trips with no issues. Good luck!!!!

Hey Condor,

I'm not gonna have to meet up with you to fix this one too, am I???!!!

Just rememberin' Cody for a minute there,,,

Oh, do they offer the bottom in clear? After startin' my ridin' more and more, I've got the bagger shield on my replacement bike,,,,but it's a bit dark for me to be able to see thru,,,I kinda like to see what's right in front of me, road surface, etc.....

I also have the BaggerShield on my '06. Generally, I prefer to look over not thru, so ride with it in short position quite a bit. For longer riding days, I appreciate the quiet smooth ride the upper position gives. If it's really hot, I'll leave it down just for more air. I did ask about a clear bottom section for the same reasons as Dano, and was told they don't offer that, or at least they didn't when I got mine. I do wish it was clear on the bottom. The hardware would show more, but I don't think I would care, if I was able to see closer in front of the bike. Especially in low light conditions, it gets hard to see whatever is behind the smoked lower portion. My 2 cents.