IGNORED

WINDOWS 10 HI-jACK

Yammer Dan

Jack, I run Chrome, and have for a few years now. Didn't notice a single thing different with how it runs, etc. when I switched to 10.

BTW HAPPY BIRTHDAY Condor!!!!!

Thanks Bob. I'm going to wait until my family hacker gets back from Disney Land and go for it.

BTW for those that are afraid of losing all their pics etc. I bought a couple of 19G memory sticks from Sams Club. I then used a program/tool called 'Everything' and did a search for all of my .jpgs and copied them to a stick. I then did the same thing for all my music files to the other. It just gives me a little more confidence when messing with the OS. https://www.voidtools.com/ All you do is enter a string and it will search your entire memory for matches. Search for .jpg and it will give you every pic on your computer in a nano-sec. Awesome tool.

Edited by Condor

During the night Windows 10 installed itself!! What the **** ?? Can't find a lot of things. Gone forever I guess. Been my luck lately. If I don't answer things or respond as I should its just that I cain't find it or didn't get it!!! Or I just don't like ya!!!:backinmyday::Avatars_Gee_George: Really ticked me off this morning!! Could have gone to garage and kicked that 2nd Gen!!:Avatars_Gee_George::mugshot:

WINDOWS 10 SUCKS!!

Don't hit the update button.... I did and it killed my 6 year old laptop.... I was forced to go buy another computer ...The old computer worked fine with the older version but was not compatible with Windows 10... once it is installed it was too late... software sabotage... I was pissed.

Several weeks ago I got this email from the corporate office. Now due to the fact that my work computer doesn't need to access to the client software at the home office, it really didn't affect me and I upgraded to Wndows 10 anyway, with their OK. For those of you who have not upgraded and don't want to though, this would prevent the automatic upgrade.

Microsoft is going to be more aggressive forcing windows users to update to the newest version 10. Unfortunately in our environment, our critical Client Access software will not run if windows 10 is installed over it. Therefore please do the following to curb the upgrade from installing on your PC.

1. Start -> Type in Windows Update and select the search option from the list. This should open the Windows Update dialog box. From there you can select "Change Settings". A new dialog box will open.

2. Below Recommended updates make sure the selection box is unchecked. This will prevent Recommended updates from installing along side of Important updates. Click OK to apply the settings. You can now close out of Windows Update.

Thanks @Freebird, I just performed the above instructions because I do not want to go to windows 10 (yet anyway). Maybe near end of this year I may choose to though. Thanks again for posting!

Don't hit the update button.... I did and it killed my 6 year old laptop.... I was forced to go buy another computer ...The old computer worked fine with the older version but was not compatible with Windows 10... once it is installed it was too late... software sabotage... I was pissed.

Send Microsoft a bill for the new PC you had to buy because it buggered yours up.

I tried windows 10 on my work convertible laptop/tablet and hate it!

Went back to windows 8.1 which is an upgrade from windows 8 that is more user friendly.

For touch screen computers windows 7 or 8.1 are my picks;

for desktop or regular laptop windows 7.

Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 are geared toward encouraging you to download a bunch of apps that either cost extra or include a bunch of advertising and tracking software.

It all boils down to more ways to get into your pocket.

I have been laughing at some of these posts. That is until I started my PC the other morning while having my morning coffee before work. There it was a blue screen with something like "welcome to windows 10" Oh no you dont!!! It asked something about continue with install. I promptly clicked on NO and it reinstalled Win 7. P

PHEW talk about your close calls.

I have been laughing at some of these posts. That is until I started my PC the other morning while having my morning coffee before work. There it was a blue screen with something like "welcome to windows 10" Oh no you dont!!! It asked something about continue with install. I promptly clicked on NO and it reinstalled Win 7. P

PHEW talk about your close calls.

might be a good time to load the program I referenced in post #16 , It will uninstall all the files that Microsoft already (secretly) installed on your PC for the win10 upgrade, and stop all attempts of them being reinstalled

I have since change settings to what Don mentioned. I think I should be good. I am however thinking about this ORACAL thing someone posted. If it would allow some games I have that will not run on Win but did on 98

I have since change settings to what Don mentioned. I think I should be good. I am however thinking about this ORACAL thing someone posted. If it would allow some games I have that will not run on Win but did on 98

Oh yeah... Oracle VirtualBox. Google it. You will like it. Running Windows 3.1 For Workgroups below.

W31inaWINDOW.jpg

Go to Oracle and do some reading. The first step is always the hardest. The stronger and more memory your host system has the better your virtual machines will work. For instance, without degrading my host at all, I allocated 1gb memory and 32gb harddrive to Windows3.1 guest. This is the fastest Windows 3.1 you have ever seen run. Period. Running Windows 7-32 bit guest I gave it 2gb memory and 150gb harddrive and turned on hardware VX. It runs just as fast as the host setup.

I wouldn't try doing this with less than an Intel 5 series or AMD A6 computer with twice the memory available you want to dedicate to your guest operating systems and in no event less than 6gb memory total on the 64-bit host.

It gets worse. Windows 10 came with my computer and it is taking a bit of learning but now there is something called contacts preview which seems to have eliminated nearly all my contacts. When I go on line they announce they are having problems with it and tell you how to get out of it. The problem is the tab they tell you to click on does not exist so you are stuck.