IGNORED

Remounting rear tire need help... 2 questions

frustrated beyond belief. Ready to push bike off lift and let it rust into fine dust, then sweep it up and throw it away....

Anyway, I'm having trouble getting the rear axel all the way in. I can get it to where the shoulder just hits and starts to slide into the swingarm, and then no further. Dont want to use a BFH and ruin the threads on the end. Everything seems fine, just cant get it further.

Also, between the brake support thing bar and the wheel itself there is a bearing that has a shoulder on it. So shoulder goes into the tire or into the brake support?? I think it goes to the tire.

Thanks again as always!

Mike

frustrated beyond belief. Ready to push bike off lift and let it rust into fine dust, then sweep it up and throw it away....

OK ... the axel is in... guess I just needed to vent and use a hammer...

Still checking on the bearing position.

TIA

#1 - Axle start through frame hole

#2 - Through Washer

#3 - Through Caliper support bracket

#4 - on through and into the frame on opposite side, turning the axle as you go.

Once the axle is through both sides, using the allen head socket to turn the axle. Find the sweet spot where that the wheel turns the most free. Mark this spot with a marker and use the pinch bolt center of half's as an alignment. Now bring the axle back out a little more and with a file, file yourself a notch into the axle as a permanent reference to always put the axle back into the same sweet spot.

Now, once you get the axle back in;

#1 - start the nut and snug it up only

#2 - tighten the pinch bolt up on the axle at the sweet spot, 13 Foot pounds.

#4 - Now tighten the axle nut to 110 Foot pounds.

The caliper bolts tighten to 29 Foot pounds. Important to do this. If you do not have a decent Foot pound torque wrench, and you are going to work on your own bike, you really should get one. Only two tires on two wheels between you and the black top.

*There is a complete printable sheet on here somewhere to identify all the correct torque for all the bolts.

Edited by FuzzyRSTD