IGNORED

Finally gave up Venture for Goldwing

Sleeperhawk

W0W ZZZZZZZZZ WOW WOW WOW IS THAT PURRRRDY!!!!

Now THAT is some seriously GORGEOUS motorcycling happening there Sleeper,, WOW is that snazzy!! If I were the CEO of Mom Yam I would take the picture you stuck on here,, go running into our next board meeting and say ""look people,,, if those folks over at HMC keep this up we will never catch up - I want each of you to take a longgggg hard look at this color combination and try to "feel" what makes people who see something like this go :scared: - then I wanna see something similar using the 1700cc V-4 motor as a build platform - GOT IT PEOPLE? Now GO TO WORK!!!""

:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886

Congrats Sleeper and happy touring on that GORGEOUS new Wing!!! :sign Rock On:

A few of you know that I am now riding a goldwing.

Yeah, had to give up the cassette and CB, but I really do like my goldwing.

So here is a pic of the tupperware.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105169[/ATTACH]

Other than yamaha not making a new Venture why did you buy a Wing?

Never liked any of the color combinations till now. But I have been seriously looking at them since 2010.

Went on a Texas trip with Eck and when we came back very early in the morning, I thought I had a jet landing behind me.

The electrical system on a GW is fricken awesome.

I thought I would not like the riding position of the GW but actually like it better than the Venture and the seat is way more comfortable than the Venture.

Great choice going for the wing. Nothing against my venture brothers and sisters, just that the wing is a great bike and will pleasantly surprise ya with speed, power, reliability, handling, maneuvering, comfort. I like the V-4 and he looks of the RSV, but the wing is a different bird, and much more of what I wanted

Congratulations George. You'll love the Wing. The Venture is a great bike but I find everything with the GW is just more effortless. I'm up to 64,000 trouble free miles on mine. It's nice to approach a hill and not have to downshift to keep from lugging the engine. Good luck with new bike.

Dennis

Great choice going for the wing. Nothing against my venture brothers and sisters, just that the wing is a great bike and will pleasantly surprise ya with speed, power, reliability, handling, maneuvering, comfort. I like the V-4 and he looks of the RSV, but the wing is a different bird, and much more of what I wanted

Barry,, isnt your Wing this same color combo?? I know Mike's (Brake Pad) was White but it seemed like yours was something like this color combo... Guess I could just look in my millions of pictures and find out,,,,,,,,,, if I weren't soooo dog gone lazy these days.:whistling:..

Congrats. I also am now riding a red/black 2015/ABS Wing and love it. I now have around 19,000 miles on mine with no issues.

I KNEW I wasn't losing it and that I had seen that GORGEOUS color combo before Gary:thumbsup:...

Barry,, isnt your Wing this same color combo?? I know Mike's (Brake Pad) was White but it seemed like yours was something like this color combo... Guess I could just look in my millions of pictures and find out,,,,,,,,,, if I weren't soooo dog gone lazy these days.:whistling:..

I KNEW I wasn't losing it and that I had seen that GORGEOUS color combo before Gary:thumbsup:...

Pucster,

My '08 is a caliente red, all one color. Anyone near me can tell its me by 4 distinct features.

1- my motoport hi viz yellow Kevlar summer jacket

2- my music is usually loud and plays anything from Tina Turner to death metal. I listen to metal a lot...

3- my head is usually head banging and or my foot tapping the pegs to the drumming or guitar work

4- my license plate reads :ROCNWNG

You have a great looking ride George! Last time I saw it, you were detailing it with some added accessories that makes it really stand out. If I can be of any help on it, let me know.

You can ride with me anytime!

20160128_151718.jpg

Have been trying to help my neighbor sell his 88 Wing/trailer combo and, in the process of doing so found myself baby sitting it for a few days so I could keep it parked out front with For Sale sign on it... Tip and I also managed to sneak it into town and give it quick bath WITH the trailer in tow..

Couple of things I noticed... Never ever did tow a trailer with a scoot before,, was amazed at well it pulled - never even realized it was back there.. Also never did have a scoot with "reverse",,, wow was that fun!! Put er in neutral, pull the lever and hit the start button - talk about fancy!! I have maintained my CDL "A" truckers license all these years, have backed up everything from 50 footers to little bike trailers and gotta say - backing up that Wing with the trailer on the back was a RIOT!!

Pretty cool option you Wing riders - pretty snazzy!!! :lightbulb:If I had one of my own I would toss some gearing at it and challenge ya'll to some Reverse Races at MD this year!!!!:big-grin-emoticon:

Congrats George.

I added an 08 GW Trike last November. Told my self I was going to do in in spring,,, but you know how that goes when you start looking.

I still got my Venture and my RSTD. Will sell the 09 Venture soon as I get my RoundToit. (This was Wanderer's bike long ago.)

But yesterday I was at the Sumter dealer (great service and parts) and sat on a couple of new GW's. LOADED!

Enjoy,,, and put a kill switch tether on Bobbie.

Mike G in SC