IGNORED

Tires

Have a 1999 Venture, Have been running a Bridgestone 150/90/-15 White Wall in the rear and a 150/80-16 White Wall on the front. Spent most of the day yesterday looking for a replacement tire for the rear. Seems like Bridgestone has stopped production of the rear tire in that size in a white wall. Spent hours today looking someone who has that tire in stock with no luck. the front tire is still in very good condition. Tried today to buy front and rear tires in a white wall from Dunlop, and Shinko, no luck. Did find a Dunlop in a 150/90-15 rear White Wall that will fit, could not find a Dunlop front tire in white wall. Not sure if running a Bridgestone in the Front and a Dunlop in the rear, both in the correct size for the Venture would create any problems. Please let me know if anyone has run into this situation before. Really don't want give up the white wall look

Hey Alma, I have run many combinations of tires through the years on my 1st Gens. Am currently running Continental on the front and have a Michelin (wore out - needs replacing) on the rear of our 83. Matter of fact, I dont ever recall running "matched" tires thru the years and have never ran into problems associated with mixing brands.. Have NEVER ran "Radials" though and,, kinda wondering if mixing radials with bias might create some issues... On the same token though, I have NO experience with white walls but would think that one brand of white wall may have a different width of white wall than another brand.. Something else to consider..

Now I got a question for you.. Dont the 2nd Gens have 15 inch wheels? If so,, and this may sound crazy, it seems like most of the HD tour scoots (maybe we should ask @Freebird - he would know for sure) do have 15 inch wheels and I know for a fact that white wall tires are still in vogue on the Harley's.. If what I am thinking is true, you just might want to check with a Harley shop and see what they offer.. You may end up with tires that say "Harley Davidson" too :big-grin-emoticon:

I got tired of trying to keep my white walls clean , so I went with black side wall Dunlop E3s, good tire and great mileage.

I am with you my friend. I mount hem inside on the cage. TOO much work keeping clean. I would black out all the chrome if I could too. I would rather ride than polish. This black bike is about to drive me krazy.

Got lucky today. Found a Bridgestone 702G White Wall 150/90-15 bias belted rear tire on E-Bay which is the OEM tire recommended in the O.M., and is the tire I have been using for many years. Looked at the Shinko tires and could not find a white wall tire in the correct sizes to fit on the 1999 Venture which takes a 150/80/16. front. Should have the Bridgestone here in about 4 days, will also be installing a Hagon rear shock at that time. Getting the Venture ready for my 9th year doing the Run for the Wall. Thanks for the feed back

• [*=left]Jake Wilson
      [*=left]on web site today
      [*=left]Since I changed my rear shock and improved front forks I have gotten 10,000 miles out of the front & rear. That said it is not bad for the roads I ride and how hard I ride. Love the look of Wide White Walls on the Mid Night
      [*=left]
      [*=left]
      [*=left]150/80-16 (71H) Dunlop D404 Front Motorcycle Tire Wide White WallPart #1175060003Mfg. #32NM91
      [*=center]dun_16_tir_d404-fro.jpg$130.24MSRP: $196.54
      You Save: (34%)
    • 1 in-stockShipped Immediately
      [*=center]

Remove

Subtotal
      $130.24

• Notes: Heavy/Oversized

[*]

[TABLE=width: 956]

[TR=class: text-center]

[TH=class: line-heading, bgcolor: #CCCCCC][/TH]

[TH=class: line-heading text-left product-column, bgcolor: #CCCCCC, align: left]Product[/TH]

[TH=class: line-heading stock-message-column, bgcolor: #CCCCCC][/TH]

[TH=class: line-heading unit-price-column, bgcolor: #CCCCCC]Unit Price[/TH]

[TH=class: line-heading quantity-column, bgcolor: #CCCCCC]Quantity[/TH]

[TH=class: line-heading total-price-column, bgcolor: #CCCCCC]Price[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR=class: item]

[TD=class: thumbnail]dk541811.jpg[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD=class: text-right, align: right]In-Stock[/TD]

[TD=class: text-center, align: center]$130.24

[/TD]