IGNORED

Garmin 765 screen dim

djh3

My Garmin 765t I have had for several years has recently looked like the screen is dim. It sure is not as brite as it was. With the charge cable out it apears about same briteness as it was. When the cable is in it dims so low I cant even see the display.

So is this something I can send it off to get fixed, or am I screwed and need to find a replacement. Whi h is not easy as I want one I can upload my personal routes on. The MC specific units are just silly expensive.

Just a suggestion here in hopes it may help you.

Take the battery out of the unit and let it set for 5 minutes without the battery in it.

Then reinstall the battery and see if the screen becomes brighter. It may reset the unit back to it's original settings by removing the battery.

FYI: The screen brightness affects battery life.

Here is a cheap fix that may also help from sunlight: Vic H2010

I just bought a replacement on ebay a couple of weeks ago for 60 bucks...... reconditioned... there is always some 765t on there , but it might take a little waiting to get one at a steal price, but be patient, they are on there...

Brian

@djh3

I've got one here with a bad power switch and audio out jack, if you find that it's a bad display, let me know, we may be able to work something out.

The thing that bums me out is that the unit has lifetime map upgrades and so far no joy in getting Garmin to transfer it to it's replacement 765.

Just a suggestion here in hopes it may help you.

Take the battery out of the unit and let it set for 5 minutes without the battery in it.

Then reinstall the battery and see if the screen becomes brighter. It may reset the unit back to it's original settings by removing the battery.

FYI: The screen brightness affects battery life.

Here is a cheap fix that may also help from sunlight: Vic H2010

Eck: thanks for the idea on the battery. Thats a free try. Already have made the sun shade thing out of a card file box. Saw them @ bike week in Daytona last week too. More fancy, but do same thing, but $25 more than what I got invested. LOL

Ragtop: I will keep you in mind. Sucks there aint a lot of options there if you want to upload your own maps.