IGNORED

wish i had a go pro or some kind of vidio cam for the helmet

oldgoat

I went out for the second ride of 2016

a little chilly but nice. I was going down this back road to a park

when I met the ninja squirrel that little sucker was standing by the side of the road when I first passed him.

I think he flipped me off?

I went down the road to stop at the out house and drain the lizard

I came back out did the turnaround and headed back.

well there he was smack dab in the middle of the road

squatted and ready for the leap of faith

when I was right about to hit the little sucker . I hit the horn he launched

the death launch he hit the wind shield bounced off landed by my side shook it off and made another launch right at my left arm

he tried to make a death grip on me.

I flung him off to the side of the road. looked in my mirrors and there he was running after me like I stole his nuts or something?

man if there like that down there I can only think what if they gang up on us?

got a got pro3+ hero black, bluetooth control I've used about 4 or 5 times.... I like it but I don't like doing the edit... u do 30 minutes of riding video and need to cut it down to 3 to 4 minutes....I haven't found an easy edit program.... I hate the go pro edit..I could be persuaded to sell mine... i have a lot of mounts & extra battery ...

Go Pro may not be the answer Goat.. Squirrels around here are extremely intelligent - like they have been taking lessons from the neighborhood Crow family or something.. Ever notice how Crows KNOW the difference between a Broom handle and a Shotgun? Seriously,,,, if you walk outside to knock a Crow out of tree and they see a shot gun in your hand they are GONE right now!! If your carrying a broom stick in your hand they will sit in the tree and laugh at ya.. Around here our Squirrels have developed the same kind of intelligence about camera's,,, cruise along with no camera and those little suckers will pull all kinds of crazy tricks - run between your wheels, stand in the middle of road on their scrawny little hind legs just daring you to take a swipe at em - gotta admit, most are not as brazen as you describe Goat but still - we got some crazy squirrels around here.. Thing is, as soon as you try to video em ya never see em...

Thinking maybe what ya REALLY need is 50 caliber machine gun mounted on your scoot......:big-grin-emoticon:

got a got pro3+ hero black, bluetooth control I've used about 4 or 5 times.... I like it but I don't like doing the edit... u do 30 minutes of riding video and need to cut it down to 3 to 4 minutes....I haven't found an easy edit program.... I hate the go pro edit..I could be persuaded to sell mine... i have a lot of mounts & extra battery ...

One of the Sony Vegas family. Easy, fast and excellent quality.

I just got one like this that's pretty nice for the money, especially after I found an app to connect to it over point-to-point wi-fi:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010RX08TW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s02

I've had one something like this one for a while now. It costs twice as much but has some good features too. Maybe I'm just used to it:

http://www.amazon.com/SOOCOO-Waterproof-Degrees-Camcorder-Control/dp/B017IJBW0C/ref=sr_1_13?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1457939085

The nice thing about the SooCoo (2nd link) is that the case itself is waterproof. $13 buys an add-on charging cable that connects in a waterproof way. None of the others do that. It also just starts recording when the power is connected.

BTW: After the Jimmy John's driver pulled a U-turn in front of me on my VR last Spring and caused me to hit his car, I've been using a camera whether riding or driving. I won't drive a city block without one. Good thing too, last Sunday a lady ran a red light and T-Boned my SUV. Her insurance called me the next day to tell me they were taking responsibility for it. You can't count on that kind of outcome if you don't have proof. The kid who U-Turned lied about it and I have to decide whether I want to sue in small claims or not. Of course if I do they can file counter-suit and bump it into District Court with lawyers and all. That means I'd have to hire a mouthpiece myself.......

I sure wish I knew someone who could deconstruct an accident and would work for beer. :thumbsup2:

Thinking maybe what ya REALLY need is 50 caliber machine gun mounted on your scoot......:big-grin-emoticon:

50 caliber ? be better to throw the caseing at the squirrel 'cause the recoil from the 50 would twist the frame on the scoot, throw goat to the ground and allow the squirrels to mark their territory (if ya know what I mean) :doh:

It is obvious that even the squirrel thought the Oldgoat was nutz.:rasberry:

could be there fool but I tell you what.

he was dead set on getting me for some reason. or he just wanted a nice ride back to the end of the road?

never seen that happen before most times they just run from the bike?

it looked funny till he grabbed my arm. lucky I had a jean jacket on. full face helmet and gloves no telling what damages he could have done?

I think the little beep beep my horn makes did not impress him much? next investment for the bike might be a stebel air horn? we shall see if the little sucker is still around next time I go to that park area again