IGNORED

Introduction of me!

littlemansdad

I just wanted to take the time to say hi to everyone. My dad had a 2005 royal star venture (bought February 21st 2015) that he was absolutely in love with. But on August 22nd 2015 he was hit head on on Highway 412 just outside of catoosa oklahoma. He didn't make it, but ever since then I've been planning on rebuilding his bike and it being a memorial to him. Well I finally found what we'll call a "donor" bike and have started the process of rebuilding my dad's. As this is the 1st time I will have ever done anything like this, I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions to be asked! I'm mechanically inclined but an "almost" complete rebuild is daunting to me. But anyways, thanks for having me! (Not sure this this photo will show but I'll try to figure out how to post photos from my phone lol)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160311/bea6d01f87cdbb93d81631e019762b0f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Beautiful picture of your Dad - he looks like a man who truly enjoyed life! I am sure he is proud of you for doing what you are doing in his remembrance LittlemansDad - I know I sure would be. That "donor" bike looks like it has lots going for it - should be a good project.. I will be following along in your progress and wish you nothing but the best in your endeavor!

Once again, sorry you and your families great loss, Prayers Up for each of you but am also glad you found us here and am thankful for your willingness to share such a riveting story.

Puc

Jason, sorry to hear about your father. I think it is great that you are planning on rebuilding his bike. Just sorry he (Mark) isn't here to do it with you.

I hope the driver going the wrong way is being properly punished.

Was your father a member here at one time?

Edited by XV1100SE

Jason, sorry to hear about your father. I think it is great that you are planning on rebuilding his bike. Just sorry he (Mark) isn't here to do it with you.

I hope the driver going the wrong way is being properly punished.

Was your father a member here at one time?

I'm assuming you looked up the story? Or did I say his name somewhere lol. He wasn't a member here. He didn't really use the Internet much other than facebook and a few games on his phone. He would have been a member of he knew about it I'm sure lol

I'm assuming you looked up the story? Or did I say his name somewhere lol. He wasn't a member here. He didn't really use the Internet much other than facebook and a few games on his phone. He would have been a member of he knew about it I'm sure lol

I looked up the story.

If you are looking for parts or need help/directions, post in the watering hole and you'll get lots of help.

I looked up the story.

If you are looking for parts or need help/directions, post in the watering hole and you'll get lots of help.

I don't think I'll need many parts if any. The bike I bought is a complete bike in pretty good shape. I'm going to be putting as many parts off my dad's bike as possible onto the new to us bike we have. So I guess it's not really a "donor" bike. It's more of a template/canvas I guess lol.