IGNORED

@Cowpuc status Update

videoarizona

Hey puc have you thought of getting your own ultra-sound machine? We have one here and it's been a real help. We also have a tens machine. We had a physiotherapist coming in or the wife's mother and since she could come in only every two weeks we bought our own and she said they are quite good to have as long as you use them properly. Of course she gave us instructions on how to use them, when where and for what and for how long each time. :223:

Ultra sound machine Huggy?? dont know nuttin about em other than they work awesome for cleaning carbs.. Tell me more or send me a link please,, ALWAYS interested in anything that may help brother..

I do have my own Tens Unit,, had it since I busted my back and used it to for nerve therapy - sucker worked awesome!! Thanks for mentioning that,, gonna give @Barrycuda a shout here and see if my Tens `could be somehow useful in this therapy,,, somehow,, maybe.. How bout it Barry,, I got lots of attachment patches and good batterys - should I wire that puppy up?

DSCN2274.JPG

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ultra sound machine Huggy?? dont know nuttin about em other than they work awesome for cleaning carbs.. Tell me more or send me a link please,, ALWAYS interested in anything that may help brother..

I do have my own Tens Unit,, had it since I busted my back and used it to for nerve therapy - sucker worked awesome!! Thanks for mentioning that,, gonna give @Barrycuda a shout here and see if my Tens `could be somehow useful in this therapy,,, somehow,, maybe.. How bout it Barry,, I got lots of attachment patches and good batterys - should I wire that puppy up?

Cowpuc,

my friend, I will say this 299999999475635 times if I have to. do NOT, do NOT get your own ultrasound machine. There is a reason why a US machine is not for the public and can be bought generally by licensed professionals. Without proper understanding of the settings, frequencies, and W/cm2 setting, the exact spot your working on and the right diameter head, one can absolutely do harm to either soft tissue, tendon, fascia, bone or a combo of them. There are contraindications to using them in some places on the body. Now I'm speaking about the good ones and even low level versions. The ones that plug in and cost 69.99, I'm not sure if they even work. So, I say this once again. Do NOT get your own, especially for the hand. Too many small bones, tendons, ligaments to have a novice or beginner to use.

I am not judging anyone who has it for personal use. As a licensed therapist, I won't endorse that and I won't ever endorse that. Damage internally due to misuse is not reversible...

Cowpuc,

my friend, I will say this 299999999475635 times if I have to. do NOT, do NOT get your own ultrasound machine. There is a reason why a US machine is not for the public and can be bought generally by licensed professionals. Without proper understanding of the settings, frequencies, and W/cm2 setting, the exact spot your working on and the right diameter head, one can absolutely do harm to either soft tissue, tendon, fascia, bone or a combo of them. There are contraindications to using them in some places on the body. Now I'm speaking about the good ones and even low level versions. The ones that plug in and cost 69.99, I'm not sure if they even work. So, I say this once again. Do NOT get your own, especially for the hand. Too many small bones, tendons, ligaments to have a novice or beginner to use.

I am not judging anyone who has it for personal use. As a licensed therapist, I won't endorse that and I won't ever endorse that. Damage internally due to misuse is not reversible...

:scared: Thanks Bar!!! How bout the Tens Unit I already have from when I broke my back,, is that applicable to my current mending process? Oh, by the way, stretches are doing GREAT!! typing with both hands again already and I just used used my ring finger to touch type those "o"s,, havent been able to do that for a LONG time brother!!! I get good at this you guys wont be able to shut me off... :Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

From http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T8UH8EE?keywords=ultrasound&qid=1457051733&ref_=sr_1_1_s_it&s=hpc&sr=1-1

I understand your trepidation about the public owning them but they are readily available in the US and are quite safe if used according to instructions. But your commits about them kind of sounds like only the military and police should have guns. Just like anything else must be used with caution. Every thing you use at home can be miss used and cause injury. Look at how many deaths caused by over the counter medicine. I believe you are being overcautious. And as a therapist you need to protect the income of yourself and other therapist. I asked a PROFESSIONAL therapist and as long as they are kept away from the head, all areas, they do not pose a threat if used per directions. No disrespect intended but you are the first therapist who has ever condemned them. I did a lot of research and talked to a number of doctors all who endorsed the use of them by us uneducated masses. But we each are entitled to our opinions and since you are a therapist your opinion is biased. I will not speak of this again/nor will I respond as I do not want to get into any kind of on going discussion on this.

From http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T8UH8EE?keywords=ultrasound&qid=1457051733&ref_=sr_1_1_s_it&s=hpc&sr=1-1

I understand your trepidation about the public owning them but they are readily available in the US and are quite safe if used according to instructions. But your commits about them kind of sounds like only the military and police should have guns. Just like anything else must be used with caution. Every thing you use at home can be miss used and cause injury. Look at how many deaths caused by over the counter medicine. I believe you are being overcautious. And as a therapist you need to protect the income of yourself and other therapist. I asked a PROFESSIONAL therapist and as long as they are kept away from the head, all areas, they do not pose a threat if used per directions. No disrespect intended but you are the first therapist who has ever condemned them. I did a lot of research and talked to a number of doctors all who endorsed the use of them by us uneducated masses. But we each are entitled to our opinions and since you are a therapist your opinion is biased. I will not speak of this again/nor will I respond as I do not want to get into any kind of on going discussion on this.

Ground hugger,

that statement of as long as they are away from the head, they safe is untrue. Your PROFESSIONAL therapist obviously didn't seem to take into account , or forgot to mention that it shouldn't ever go near the spine as it would warm of heat up the CSF, cerebral spinal fluid, as well stay away from carotid, and reproductive organs. On top of, I stand by my statement that without proper education on a professional unit, you can get internal damage. Oh, cancer, pregnant, those with pace makers etc should avoid using them in specific locations.. Something you should have been told by your professional therapist. There is a reason an ultrasound isn't sold at Walmart or target. But hey, everyone can do what they feel is right. I didn't say I condemn them, but without the proper education and guidance, it's should be avoided by general public. A licensed occupational therapist, who went through professional training and graduated, doesn't have the training and clinical hours to use an ultrasound out of college and need a specific course to be certified, but the public can just jump on Amazon and get one and that's equates to a smart decision? Doctors endorse regular people using them? Please provide me a list and I'll make sure to never enter their facility. Doctors in general have no extended knowledge of ultrasounds as they never use them.

the one listed in the link is less than 50$ and THAT is what you're trusting because quite frankly it's a large fraction less of the settings and power a professional unit does. A basic Chattanooga ultrasound/estim combo can run $2500.00 and up. Those types are ultrasounds for $50 are just to make you feel good that you have one and MAY, repeat MAY do something after a long series of trials. However, in cowpucs case with the hand, it is in my opinion, and I happen to work in an outpatient setting from trigger fingers to reverse shoulders, fresh ACL repairs, rotator cuffs and other misc ortho patients, that I stand by my previous statement that it is not in anyone's best interest to use a machine designed for health, when they have no real clue how it works. Cowpuc, I wouldn't use an ultrasound on your hand without it being operated by a licensed and true professional.

Lastly, I absolutely deny and contest your statement of protecting my income of me and other therapists. That is absurd. Since you don't really know me, I am interested how you came to that conclusion. I do not wave my professional flag and act or see myself as an ambassador for all therapists. I am going on experience and the fact you need to get a license to use,own and operate a professional grade ultrasound. I'm the furthest person to wave the therapy flag around

That said, I am not interested in debunking ground hugger or anyone else who feel they have researched enough to make an educated decision. These are my thoughts, decide for yourself...

Edited by Barrycuda
Spelling

:scared: Thanks Bar!!! How bout the Tens Unit I already have from when I broke my back,, is that applicable to my current mending process? Oh, by the way, stretches are doing GREAT!! typing with both hands again already and I just used used my ring finger to touch type those "o"s,, havent been able to do that for a LONG time brother!!! I get good at this you guys wont be able to shut me off... :Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

Tens unit are only designed for pain management ,not healing. I wouldn't recommend a tens unit for your hand. Neck, shoulder, arm, back yes. Hand, no

You know puc when I saw the video of your hand my first thought was "Sure it looks gorey and gross":Sad_0241: but it really brought a smile to my face when I saw you holding your hand straight open like that.:banana: I bet that is an awesome feeling to be able to do something like that again. Listen to your therapists and your doctors, it really seems like together you whupped Dyupins *spelling* butt!:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_awesome-vi46644:You_Rock_Emoticon::sign05:

Are you going to do the left as soon as the right is healed?

Wishing you the best and prayer for fast and solid healing. I will be nice for the first 20....uhm 30 days of you being a crippled..then it's all bets off since you will just be another Venture rider in therapy.. :yikes:

You know puc when I saw the video of your hand my first thought was "Sure it looks gorey and gross":Sad_0241: but it really brought a smile to my face when I saw you holding your hand straight open like that.:banana: I bet that is an awesome feeling to be able to do something like that again. Listen to your therapists and your doctors, it really seems like together you whupped Dyupins *spelling* butt!:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_awesome-vi46644:You_Rock_Emoticon::sign05:

Are you going to do the left as soon as the right is healed?

Indeed Cha,, gotta get that one done too.. Good chance that one will be able to undergo injections for some relief - my right hand was not a candidate.. Apparently there is a chemical they inject into the tendons that loosens the blockage up enough that the doctor can force the fingers back.. This is a progressive disease so either way - surgery or injections - it is my understanding it will probably return.. Gonna ask the Doc` (maybe @Barrycuda knows) if one way or the other has a longer relief time.. If surgery does I am the type who would just as soon undergo the surgery on my left hand too and get it done with.. We shall see..

Ground hugger,

that statement of as long as they are away from the head, they safe is untrue. Your PROFESSIONAL therapist obviously didn't seem to take into account , or forgot to mention that it shouldn't ever go near the spine as it would warm of heat up the CSF, cerebral spinal fluid, as well stay away from carotid, and reproductive organs. On top of, I stand by my statement that without proper education on a professional unit, you can get internal damage. Oh, cancer, pregnant, those with pace makers etc should avoid using them in specific locations.. Something you should have been told by your professional therapist. There is a reason an ultrasound isn't sold at Walmart or target. But hey, everyone can do what they feel is right. I didn't say I condemn them, but without the proper education and guidance, it's should be avoided by general public. A licensed occupational therapist, who went through professional training and graduated, doesn't have the training and clinical hours to use an ultrasound out of college and need a specific course to be certified, but the public can just jump on Amazon and get one and that's equates to a smart decision? Doctors endorse regular people using them? Please provide me a list and I'll make sure to never enter their facility. Doctors in general have no extended knowledge of ultrasounds as they never use them.

the one listed in the link is less than 50$ and THAT is what you're trusting because quite frankly it's a large fraction less of the settings and power a professional unit does. A basic Chattanooga ultrasound/estim combo can run $2500.00 and up. Those types are ultrasounds for $50 are just to make you feel good that you have one and MAY, repeat MAY do something after a long series of trials. However, in cowpucs case with the hand, it is in my opinion, and I happen to work in an outpatient setting from trigger fingers to reverse shoulders, fresh ACL repairs, rotator cuffs and other misc ortho patients, that I stand by my previous statement that it is not in anyone's best interest to use a machine designed for health, when they have no real clue how it works. Cowpuc, I wouldn't use an ultrasound on your hand without it being operated by a licensed and true professional.

Lastly, I absolutely deny and contest your statement of protecting my income of me and other therapists. That is absurd. Since you don't really know me, I am interested how you came to that conclusion. I do not wave my professional flag and act or see myself as an ambassador for all therapists. I am going on experience and the fact you need to get a license to use,own and operate a professional grade ultrasound. I'm the furthest person to wave the therapy flag around

That said, I am not interested in debunking ground hugger or anyone else who feel they have researched enough to make an educated decision. These are my thoughts, decide for yourself...

Hey Barry,, I appreciate you candor here.. I certainly had no intent when seeking your advice to place your profession under the spot light - sorry about all that.. I also GREATLY appreciate your professional assistance thru this whole thing and want to say THANK YOU for your compassion in helping me!! You are appreciated Barry!!

Puc

Hey Barry,, I appreciate you candor here.. I certainly had no intent when seeking your advice to place your profession under the spot light - sorry about all that.. I also GREATLY appreciate your professional assistance thru this whole thing and want to say THANK YOU for your compassion in helping me!! You are appreciated Barry!!

Puc

no worries Puc. Get well soon. PM or call me for further assistance if desired