IGNORED

New Version of the VentureMp3 SD card player available?

videoarizona

• 3 weeks later...

Arizona, I have a unit that will plug in but the venture does not read it. It would just take changing the pins on the connection at the unit. I was going to see about doing it but I came across the isimple unit for a good price.

It is made by yatour. the connection mates up with our cd connector but the connection at the device end is a 15 pin looks like a vga monitor connector. I just couldn't find the pin out information. All you would need would be a male to female VGA cable that you could rewire to make the pins line up for the cd connection. The connection I have mates up with Hyundai 13 Pins which I believe was made by clarion. However when I connected it I could not get it to show on the display.

It looks like that may be a kenwood connector. So you might need to make a cable to go from clarion to kenwood.

http://pinout.net/pinout-scheme/355/%20Clarion%20cd%20changer%2013-pin%20DIN%20connector

http://pinoutsguide.com/CarAudio/kenwood_cd_changer_pinout.shtml

Edited by flynvy5

I had located an I simple unit for a cage I thought would work. Figured might have to rearange some pins to make it work on the RSV. But I traded prior to messing with it. I think it was a unit for a VW or Toyota, but I dont remember rite now. Go to their site and look to see if you can find one that uses a "c-bus" Thats what the CD changer plug is.

Does the newer bikes have the CD player? I though I read somewhere on here where the newer bikes come with a cable to hookup an iPod touch. I would like to get rid of the CD player, I have some old CDs in there but they skip quite a bit.

I was told by somebody not sure here or on FB that the sound system for our bikes is close to the sound system for Goldwings. You would think we could get something from Goldwing and use it with our bikes.

I wish someone would make a system so we could replace the whole thing.

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone! Just picked up a 2013 RSV. Had a 1700 Vulcan Classic last year, .....What a difference! The Venture is so smooth and comfortable. I am trying to locate an ISimple IPOD adapter here in Canada, but none of the dealers here in Ottawa have been able to help. I found one on Amazon, but they want almost $700. I would rather run an MP3 or SD card than an IPOD (can't stand Apple products). Any ideas? Right now I have my MP3 hooked up to the cassette adapter. It works OK, but the only thing I can control using the bike is volume.

• 1 month later...
It is made by yatour. the connection mates up with our cd connector but the connection at the device end is a 15 pin looks like a vga monitor connector. I just couldn't find the pin out information. All you would need would be a male to female VGA cable that you could rewire to make the pins line up for the cd connection. The connection I have mates up with Hyundai 13 Pins which I believe was made by clarion. However when I connected it I could not get it to show on the display.

It looks like that may be a kenwood connector. So you might need to make a cable to go from clarion to kenwood.

http://pinout.net/pinout-scheme/355/%20Clarion%20cd%20changer%2013-pin%20DIN%20connector

http://pinoutsguide.com/CarAudio/kenwood_cd_changer_pinout.shtml

I'm still thinking about this conversion but life keeps getting in the way. Higher priority stuff and XM radio now installed...keeps me smiling on scoot runs.

AHHHHH Now I remember !!!!!! Can not find the female connector so the bike side can plug into the I-simple. So that being what it is, I think a fellow could take this plug and you would have to cut into your bike harness and solder up. Unless you want to spend days looking over on Digi-key or Mouser looking for connectors.