IGNORED

With all the talk of surgery figured I'd post about the upcoming craziness...

GAWildKat

Some of you know from Facebook and chat that Mike has been dealing with bum knees for a while (15yrs on the left knee alone). Well, in Dec when he took time off from work he followed me to my ortho appt. Because he was in obvious pain and limping, he got cornered into making his own appointment. After Xrays, an MRI, bloodwork, and his left knee being drained, my orthopedist has determined he needs his left knee scoped, the meniscus repaired, and a (benign we hope) tumor removed. He tried to worm his out of having surgery, but noone, not his bosses, coworkers, ortho, or me have budged. Surgery is scheduled for April 15th. So I get to spend a week home with a whiny, fussy husband. I have a lot of trust in my orthopedist. And I'm sure all will be fine.

Tricia

Tis better to have loved and lost than to have never loved.

Normally he'd go back to work the next day, with me driving him, but the ortho doesn't want me to attempt to catch him if he falls since my left wrist and shoulder are bothering me. So he has to stay home for a week. He went yay, video game marathons...lol

Stay on em Kat,, don't let em weasel out of it this time sister - StormRaven,, you listen to that precious wife of yours - get it fixed brother!! Think of alllll the pain free fun you two will have once you get away from all the knee pain!! A very dear friend of mine (and fellow VR Member) messed around with a painful knee last summer - I knew he was hurting last year when we rode with him.. Last I heard, he had successfully endured the hassle of knee surgery and is now back to playing Hockey and is ready for the AWESOME pain free riding of 2016 - fully recovered!!

Our thoughts and prayers are with you two - get er done Mike!!:thumbsup:

I really don't think he knew how much pain he was in. The orthopedist was confused how a 36 yr old guy has arthritis like a 80 yr old... I said well, when you slip, fall, and slide 30ft on you knees because your dumb butt tried to walk across a freshly mopped linoleum floor in cowboy boots. And even after it looks like there's an injury and you say no docs, this is what happens... Doc resigned but agreed with me. And this is only his left knee. Still have to check the right knee. One knee at a time...right?

Good you have some help getting him to get this done.

Make sure you have fresh batteries in the remote, a small frig within reach of the recliner, the pizza delivery guy on speed dial, and some plans for the afternoons with some of your friends. :)

Hope this works out and he get him up walking and riding before summer is over.

Good you have some help getting him to get this done.

Make sure you have fresh batteries in the remote, a small frig within reach of the recliner, the pizza delivery guy on speed dial, and some plans for the afternoons with some of your friends. :)

Hope this works out and he get him up walking and riding before summer is over.

No recliner in the house, heck, no tv in the livingroom either. I'll have time to go do my thing. I will say honey, go play the wii, wii u, xbox, nvidia shield ( it allows him to stream pc games to the tv) Nintendo 64, super Nintendo, or Nintendo and have fun, I'll be back in a few hrs... Trust me, he has plenty of stuff to occupy him from bed lol.

I've only been after him to get the knees checked out for 3 yrs. He took a nasty fall in our storage unit when he slipped and fell off a piece of furniture in our storage unit. His older game system got packed on the far side of the unit and he had to monkey boy climb to get to them. Our family doc thought he only sprained the right knee (surgery is on the left). However, he hasn't been without crutches or a cane for more than a few weeks at a time since that fall 3 years ago. It became his new normal to the point he never questioned it. I think my having cerebral palsy and related mobility issues skewed his thinking.

I realize after surgery he won't be 100% again, but he should be very close to it. Then we need to address the other knee and see what he did to it. The good news in this was he doesn't appear to have rheumatoid arthritis. None of the tests showed a positive for that. I was worried about that.

Tricia

This is his view from the bed.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160218/c2bfa31246fe64be7935d9e76947bf85.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1455813613220.jpg

Doc says he can be on the bike 2 weeks postop so he's a lot less worried now. Still not thrilled, but I know once he heals, he will be glad he did it. He's just so used to looking after me, he's not used to the roles swapping. We go back in 3 weeks to monitor the swelling in his knee. Preop is March 22nd.