IGNORED

Newbie and a couple of important questions

especially from wife. Buying a 2008 Royal Star Tour Deluxe s this weekend. Nice bike with 9600 miles. I have first read through 15 pages here before asking.

First is buffeting especially for my wife. Stock setup and shield. Seller says he and wife get zero buffeting and that bothers me. I have owned a Goldwing, Nomad, Road Star and I have yet to meet a bike with a shield that didn't pound my wifes head. Most require lowers and a different shield like a Clearview or F4 Custom. Most require a host of different solutions. I have not ridden bike because it is over 2 hours away so that is why I am asking before I go. Does this bike suffer with it and are there and viable alternatives. My wife will kill me if I get it and cant correct it.

Second Question, Oil nooooooooooooo I wont ask that, I am still a newbie here.

Anyway buffeting is my only concern, these are nice bikes and I was going to get a Strat but reading here today kind of made me decide otherwise. Thanks for the help and Happy Holidays to all of you. Hopefully Friday I can post some pics.

I have the 2009 (last model) with stock shield. No buffeting reported. I'm 5'10" 275, spouse is 5'0" considerably lighter.

just under 23000 miles since I bought it new. 0 issues at all. Put oil in it, put rubber on it, it'll go. I like it so much in 2012 I bought the Venture. TD still gets a lot of use though.

The TD being it has the same lowers as the RSV should be good. I have an RSV currently and the wife gets air but not the kind that bounces her head around. We swapped to Sena headsets here a couple months ago and still fine tuning them to our needs. The OEM intercom was OK but had to put mic mutes on them to keep the whoosh from driving you batty. But turbulence is not a big factor on either bike from what I have heard.

Before my current Venture I had a 2007 RSTD with stock windsheild and she never complained about buffeting. I'm 5'11 and she's 5'7. Her only concern was having to look at the back of my helmet since the seating position is a little low. No problem with that on the Venture.

Zero buffeting with stock windshield it is however quite tall, over eye level which makes it hard to see through in rain or fog. I installed a much shorter one but that has led to a lot of wind noise and buffeting. I am going to cut down the stock one to just under eye level and see how that works.