IGNORED

insurance crooks?? Ontario Canada

sleepy2

Called TD Insurance(Primmum) last week to see if insurance will be going down any this year as it has been 7 years since my accident with my 87 Venture and they said I would have to wait till the renewal came out.

WWEELLLL just got my renewal AND it went UP by $400!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't had any more accidents no speeding tickets have gotten OLDER tho!

Thought that government had done something to lower rates BUT I guess NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to oldest boys insurance co to get 3 quotes and they were $1400 $2500 $3800

Kept mentioning sport bike comparisons by agent and I kept telling her it is a TOURING bike!!!!

Still have to call back TD to get an(unsatisfactory and unfair comparison of rate theory) explanation of why the increase. Seems like a very high percentage for just a year. Anyone have any Insurance agency's I could try>

Just went thru the same here in the states with my insurance Co. I know it can be very aggravating.

Not only did my bike insurance go up, but so did my home and cage...

I dropped the "little lizard" and went with another Insurance Co., and saved over $300 a year on my bike alone.i

In due time, I am sure that this insurance Co. will be going up on the rates too....and I will then find another one..:stickpoke:

every renewal i do an internet search ( used to be phone every ins company in yellow pages).

dont know if the states and canada are the same as here in uk , but they seam to give new customers a discount, no discount for loyalty at all.

at least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask

$200 for ,liability ins, i paid about the same for comprehensive and had no no-claims as i only returned to motorbikes this year, due to nowhere safe to keep a bike

That is one reason I ride old bikes and don't have collision or comprehensive insurance. The liability ins on my Venture is about $200/year.

:thumbsup:Right there with ya @BlueSky ! Matter of fact, I have always been one to REALLY appreciate the freedom that comes with riding "beater" bikes, not just for the savings in insurance but also from the aspect of - if it breaks or an accident happes somewhere and I can't fix it, just give it away and pick up the next one to ride home on :rotfl:

As far as insurance goes, we have to pay the Michigan Catastrophic Fund fees on our policy's (135 bucks every 6 months) on all of our licensed vehicles. Strange but we only have access to the "fund" on a scoot related crash if the accident involves a car. Back when I was riding cross country trails on my dirt bikes a lot I was purchasing insurance from "Bike-line.com" (was underwritten by "Markle" in Wisconsin). Somehow they were able to waver the Catastrophic fund on street legaled dirt bikes and my insurance was 30 bucks every 6 months - never had a claim with em so I cant say what kind of folks they be as far as paying claims BUT they did get me legally on the "road".. No idea if they are even still in existence and whether or not they are up in Canada too but maybe someone else to check with..

I did a lot of shopping for full coverage insurance when I got my 09 RSV and found Progressive to be the best deal. Don't know if they are available in Canada but you might check them. I pay a little over $500/yr. which includes $150 for the Michigan Mcca surcharge.

It seems every couple years I have to go thru the insurance shuffle. I have had the lizard, Nationwide, back to the green guy via AARP, and a couple years ago Dairyland came up with the winning price. Probably another one or two in there I dont remember.

I have had the same insurance for almost 30 years. Every couple of years I shop around but no one ever beats their price. I have American Family. I have no idea what their service is like since I have never had to file a claim. Every year my rates go down a little bit.

I use TD insurance for my 2006 venture. cost is $600/year. ????????????

I'm with T.D. as well haven't got my 2016 bill yet it will be due in February was $990. last year.

Your in Medicine Hat!!!!!! :stickpoke:

Tell them your moving to Ontario....say Brampton......then get a quote from them. Bet you $1,000. Easy! :yikes:

Just went thru the same here in the states with my insurance Co. I know it can be very aggravating.

Not only did my bike insurance go up, but so did my home and cage...

I dropped the "little lizard" and went with another Insurance Co., and saved over $300 a year on my bike alone.i

In due time, I am sure that this insurance Co. will be going up on the rates too....and I will then find another one..:stickpoke:

I was in an auto accident in October, the lizard wasn't great on the accident side. I got the traverse back last Fri with more problems than it went into the shop with. It looked ok, but it had electrical problems, and long term, who knows how safe it would have been to be in another accident. So Mike traded it for my new impala. However, a 5 day repair job took 2 mons because my claims adjuster and inspector took their sweet time getting the paperwork taken care of and submitted. Oh, and my accident caused my rates to go up. Wasn't my fault. Down the road Mike plans to shop for insurance again.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Try riders plus. so far for me they have been the cheapest at $860.00 per year. I might be able to get cheaper bike insurance elsewhere but only if I move all my other insurances over to them but They can't compete with my other insurance company on the other stuff. So all totaled leaving my other stuff with cooperators and my bike with riders plus gives me the cheapest overall package.

Just a quick note to give you some comparison numbers. Here in B.C. Canada we are stuck with ICBC (Government) for all Basic insurance. On my 2013 RSV they are asking for $1241.00 for 12 month coverage. I also carry a ride-smart policy that covers the m/c for all other perils...while stored / damage to a m/c trailer / replacement of riding gear, etc. That is an additional $584 for 12 months. This coverage is through Beacon Underwriting Ltd.

Hope this helps to give you an idea where some of us are at. :canada: :beer:

update...tell td that if you belong to a recognized group ..university grad, union, etc there is a drop down list on their web site...you will be put under a different branch ..meloche monex..member of group i ride with had policy go from $942 to $722 but original increase wasto go to $1220... bundle insurance if you can without penalty..this is in ontario..

Hear in Manitoba we are stuck with Govt insurance, They claim that bikes are grouped in classes, yet a crotch rocket is cheaper than my wing. I worked a long time on the highway and saw lots of rockets wrecked, and can only recall one wing, and it was cut off by another driver. The insurance also covers liability and and medical. They charge they bulk of the premium during the riding season, and in the fall and winter it is about $10.00 a month. I guess I should park it up here in the summer and go south for the winter.

I say some stats a while ago and they lump ATV and Snowmobile claims in with bikes. I dare say there are more ATV claims than bike claims

Edited by Pam
Addito post

We are being mugged...is all, I can say, here in Ontario,Canada. Was paying almost 1400 dollars, on my Millenium, and had a clean driving record....to ride a few months in Summer!:crying::mo money: I would be willing to ride without insurance, if I was given a choice, and pay out of my own pocket, if an accident was MY fault. They shaft you real good, when you are involved in an accident, and your rates shoot up, like crazy next few years, to make up for the costs they paid for. My question is, whats the point of having Insurance, then?:backinmyday:

Edited by chabicheka