IGNORED

Some pictures

Marcarl

Hi All.

Thanks for all the posts and words of concern. It's Sunday! a day of rest and worship. Tomorrow we will start with the insurance company and the decisions as to what happens next. Last night Eric (our son who now runs the business) and I spent some time to get the pay checks done and Christmas bonuses in place and brought them out to those who needed them. A good time and the wine was free. Eric went one way and I the other. Jamie, one of our guys spent most of the day yesterday calling people to tell them that their orders would not be available,, quite a job.

The cause-man was in yesterday and determined that the smoke house was the initial culprit,,, well we kind of knew that already, but now the officials know it as well. The roof is history, but there seemed to be very little heat inside the walls,, probably due to the fact that the firefighters thought water was free and used it accordingly. In the part of the building where there was a steel ceiling, it is walk-able, where there was drywall ceiling all the drywall came down with the insulation,, that is a horrible mess to put it lightly.

Anybody want to take inventory?

I'll keep you posted,,, it's gonna be interesting.

Already have offers of place to be for an interim, but we'll have to see how that works out,,,, did I say it's gonna be interesting?

Very sorry to hear the bad news, Carl/Marca, especially at this time, Christmas being just round the corner. Hope everything works out soon, to have the business going again. Can understand how hard it must be for you, to see the business you had started and had doing well, go up in flames. Take it easy, friend.

Hey Carl do not know why I did not see this thread before now but for some reason I missed seeing it. Though I am sure glad to know no one got hurt, I am certainly sorry for your loss. Also feel free to call on me if you need a hand with anything. I would be more than happy to lend a hand or two if you need them.

So here's an update:

Roof is gone,,, pros ae thinking walls might be ok, stock is being cleaned up starting today and the rest of the cleanup as well. Adjuster has been good so far, had a call from a friend\litigation lawyer to help out with pitfalls.

Very little heat inside the building, mostly water, insulation and drywall.

Community has been great and you folks are part of that,,, thanks!!!!

Now looking into setting up somewhere temporarily, but that is a hitch in the FI policy,,, should have had more money in that area. We'll see how God works that one out.

Seems like people expect us to be serious at this point,,, man! that's hard to do!! So Humour abounds!!!

Well, some neat suggestions,,, thanks,,,,,, but you know us,we go all out, and that didn't agree with some of the locals so they sent in the fire brigade,,, and you know what they do, ,,being country boys they just went about their job and paid no attention to anybody and promptly put the BBQ out,,,,,, spoil sports!!!!

We figure somewhere in the neighborhood of 25000 lbs of product down the poop shoot. Gonna be a good sized cheque, and our suppliers hope it to be soon.

As far as crowd sourcing???? thanks for the thought but we'd rather help out somebody else,,, isn't that the way it always is?,,,,, but if it come to that, we'll let you know. So far our Father has been around us completely and we don't figure He is done just yet, so we're looking to see what else He comes up with. I'll let you in on what happens.