IGNORED

We are into the final countdown.

Flyinfool

yeah thanks....I saw them flakes this morning and now they are calling for high winds and an ICE STORM....I'm sorry....please send back the snowflakes......

Now this has to go down into the history books.

BIG TOM EVEN PUT IT IN WRITING "please send back the snowflakes......" !!!!!!!!!!!

Who would have ever thought to hear those beautiful words from @BIG TOM?

Thank you kind sir, you have made my day.

Edited by Flyinfool

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Santa is sleeping after his epic ride, So I can be naughty for a while.:thumbsup:

Besides it was @BIG TOM that ASKED for more flakes........:snow2:

@cowpuc you just happened to in between us............:confused24:

I am gettin pretty good at gettin around on my scooter and crutches.

Like you had to splain that to we the people ya lop eared snow making varmint!!:moon:

Went to see the doc today for my 2 week checkup and to get the stitches out.

Doc said that she can tell that I have been a really good boy and doing everything as told to.

She said that it is healing really fast and correctly. She has moved up the schedule for upcoming recovery. the new plan is to keep up with the Zero weight on the foot until 5 weeks post op. then I can start putting partial weight on it for about a month while at the same time doing physical therapy to get the strength and range of motion back. With this new schedule I could be back on the bike by mid April ASSUMING that all the snow and salt are gone by then.

The real test for the bike will be if I can get it up onto the center stand. If my foot is not strong enough to get it up on the center stand then I will not be able to push it out of the shed or get the front wheel off to replace the bad bearing.

Things are looking up.

On the other hand.

The storm that we just had yesterday was supposed to be 1-3 inches of snow, THEY LIED.

We got 10 inches of snow alternating with freezing rain so it was as wet and heavy as is possible. Then the temps dropped and now it is all set up like concrete. This made it really interesting to get to the doc this morning. Until today I never had to do crutches across smooth glare ice. That is tricky. Then I had to climb over a 2 foot high wall of snow that the plows left, get up the driveway to find out that Erikas car was frozen solid and was not going anywhere. So I had to chisel all of the ice off the windows on my truck cuz Erika can not reach that high and then drive the truck to the doc without the use of my right foot. If it were not for big tires and 4 wheel drive I would not have made it up over the ice wall.

It was an interesting day so far.

Hey ya gul dern lop eared frost bitten Wisconsin varmint,, I am still around - got caught up watching a really interesting Netflix series (gonna post a new thread all about it) while waiting for our SOLID ice mass (your description of your day sounds EXACTLY like our situation) to thaw so I could try out the new rig..

Wish there would have been a way for me to scoot over and run ya into your Dr.'s appointment brother cause you really really took some major risk having to do what you did my friend:no-no-no:. I know, I KNOW,, you and me seem to be made of the same - I can do it myself - material BUT, ya gotta remember, ya damage that sucker again and it will push the recovery out even farther - DONT DO THAT!!:doh:

Gotta admit though, THE OUTCOME OF YOUR APPOINTMENT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

Sooooo glad to hear the GREAT news Jeff, will definitely be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers!!

:lightbulb:,,, was thinking about this,, did you by any chance get some of that new high octane White Washer fluid, the stuff that dont melt unless it gets above 60 degree's, mixed in with this last batch of fluid or something? Maybe its my fault, I know I moved some things around when I was over there tiddeling around while you were :draming: at the hospital - maybe some things got mixed up.. Just wondered cause this last batch of ick was abnormally icky. Definitely had a "custom" feel to it:big-grin-emoticon:

:lightbulb:Wish we didnt have this pond between us, I would scoot over and give ya a hand getting the scoot up on the stand and sticking bearings in her. Maybe you could give a neighborhood gangster, I mean teenager, a couple bucks to help ya lift it when the time comes.. I have had to do that a couple times in the recent past, its amazing how much energy those younguns got! Best not to get to far into it by yourself, you know as well as I do how easy it is for things to get a little wobbly and that even a little wobble with that kind of weight can have some not wanting straining effects on that foot - PLEASE dont take the chance brother!!

The doc did kind of shake her head that I made it to my appointment on time and that i drove there.

I figure that once that right foot is strong enough to lift the bike on the center stand and onto my nice center stand dolly, that it will be strong enough to hold it up when I pull into a DQ and stop. It does take a pretty strong ankle to use the center stand, at least it does with my girth.

@COWPUC WHAT DID YOU DO???

I seem to remember not to long ago someone telling me that they were now IMMUNE to white wash and that I should take my best shot since the new secret weapon green machine can handle it. Now your complaining that you cant get out of the house??????

Now if some one did do some "tiddeling" around while I was sleeping and accidentally opened a valve or loosened a joint near the bags of ReadyCrete that could explain why this stuff is so hard. It may have sucked a bit of cement into the mix.

So THATS what was in that little jar on your shelf marked "Ready Mix"? I thought it meant it was ready to add into the mix for the Snoper.. I only added a teaspoon of the stuff into your vat hat - guess I shouldn't fool around with Fool's concoctions.. Know what cha mean about SOLID brother, first try with the Green Machine - went to pull out of the garage with it and the stuff stopped me like I had ran into a wall!! Came back inside, turned on the Roku movie.. Thankfully I didnt add to much of the stuff cause it didnt set up properly and got blowable when the Kanuck door blew shut again and it warmed up a little.. NOW I AM READY FOR YA AGAIN!!!!!:thumbsup:

UPDATE

Went back to work today.

I can tell from the mountain on my desk how much that they missed me.

My foot was down to no pain while resting with the foot elevated, but still hurt while the foot was on the floor.

Before I left work I had done some prep work on my office. I got an adjustable height mechanics seat from HF to put under my desk to keep my foot elevated.

That helped a lot today.

I only stayed at work for a half day and that will be the norm for a while.

My foot was hurting pretty bad by the time I got home. The worst part was driving. It is hard to have your foot elevated while driving.

I keep doing my assigned exercises and my range of motion is improvising, no where near where it needs to be, but at least headed in the right direction.

I go back to doc again next week to see how things are going.:fingers-crossed-emo

OUTSTANDING and CONGRATS JEFF!! Thoughts and Prayers Up brother as you continue mending!! Glad your desk was happy to see you and had some paperwork to distract you from the,, you know what.. You dont need to think at all about the, you know what, any more this season and you can now focus on healing, getting your desk work caught up and getting ready for Maintenance Day!! :thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon:

• 2 weeks later...

I went in to the doc for my 4 week checkup.

Initially I was told 6 weeks before I could start walking on it with the boot, Now at 4 weeks I am walking on it with the boot. The doc was and is amazed at how fast someone "MY AGE" is able to heal. She was very impressed with how everything looks, the x-rays looked wonderful.

I have already got about 50% of my range of motion back, because I have been doing the prescribed exercises religiously. There was zero swelling which she said is also amazing.

So the original estimate of not wearing a pair of shoes till May or June has been moved up to by the end of March possibly even early March. That will give me time to work on the bike and strengthen the leg back up so that I can safely ride by the time riding season starts.:fingers-crossed-emo

I did get to see pics of what was done. There are 2 main ligaments that hold the ankle together, one was torn completely in half and the other was torn 90+% with just a thread holding on. The doc did not know how I was able to walk into the hospital. I should have just fell down with nothing holding the foot bone to the leg bone.

Things are looking up.

Thanks again for all the pratyers and well wishes, I'm sure that they must have helped for someone "MY AGE" to heal so fast.