IGNORED

We are into the final countdown.

Flyinfool

Just 3 more wakups to go before the docs will attempt to reattach my right foot.

Well its not really off but close.

I had a klutz attack while walking in the woods and my foot slipped out from under me, but the toe of my boot was still on a log, I fell to my knees and then backwards. My toe touched my butt in the process. Think about that one. I twisted the foot 180° from the direction that it normally points. In the process I tore 3 ligaments and 2 tendons, (or was it 2 ligaments and 3 tendons? I forget, either way not good) and tore the cartilage off the bone. So the Nice DR is going to go in there and try to reattach all them things all to where they go. The MRI also found an unidentifiable chunk of something that is about 7mm dia x 8mm long floating around in the joint that does not belong there, but is doing a good job of getting stuck in the joint and locking it up. That will also be removed and identified.

I will be on crutches and in a non walking type cast for 4-6 weeks, then go to a walking boot for another 4-6 weeks, then get to start 3 months of rehab. This could all drag out into summer.

I don't know what time the surgery will be just yet, only that it is scheduled for Thursday, Dec 17.

Doc says that best case scenario is to end up with about 80% usefulness of the ankle. I sure hope that it will be enough to hold the bike up and push it around the yard. I am just barely able to walk on it the way it is now. And it buckles and makes me fall down a lot. Even before the RUM balls.

So if you have been wondering where the SNOW is, I have been keeping @cowpucs favorite machine stored away and locked in a shed at a highly classified secure location, just for my own personal and selfish reasons. :whistling: Somehow I just know it would end badly if I were to try to go out and shovel :snow2: on crutches.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

best of luck with the OP, hope you are back in the saddle before too long.

ps , dont shovel snow when your over 40 , it is a big cause of heart attacks in middle aged males

dont shovel snow when your over 40 , it is a big cause of heart attacks in middle aged males

@Flyinfool

Jeff, that's what happens when folks kick themselves in the arse! (j/k) ... hope you get back to 100% and your recovery is quick and smooth!

As for the above comment, I should be safe now since I've gone beyond "middle age" LOL

Just 3 more wakups to go before the docs will attempt to reattach my right foot.

Well its not really off but close.

I had a klutz attack while walking in the woods and my foot slipped out from under me, but the toe of my boot was still on a log, I fell to my knees and then backwards. My toe touched my butt in the process. Think about that one. I twisted the foot 180° from the direction that it normally points. In the process I tore 3 ligaments and 2 tendons, (or was it 2 ligaments and 3 tendons? I forget, either way not good) and tore the cartilage off the bone. So the Nice DR is going to go in there and try to reattach all them things all to where they go. The MRI also found an unidentifiable chunk of something that is about 7mm dia x 8mm long floating around in the joint that does not belong there, but is doing a good job of getting stuck in the joint and locking it up. That will also be removed and identified.

I will be on crutches and in a non walking type cast for 4-6 weeks, then go to a walking boot for another 4-6 weeks, then get to start 3 months of rehab. This could all drag out into summer.

I don't know what time the surgery will be just yet, only that it is scheduled for Thursday, Dec 17.

Doc says that best case scenario is to end up with about 80% usefulness of the ankle. I sure hope that it will be enough to hold the bike up and push it around the yard. I am just barely able to walk on it the way it is now. And it buckles and makes me fall down a lot. Even before the RUM balls.

So if you have been wondering where the SNOW is, I have been keeping @cowpucs favorite machine stored away and locked in a shed at a highly classified secure location, just for my own personal and selfish reasons. :whistling: Somehow I just know it would end badly if I were to try to go out and shovel :snow2: on crutches.

When first read this the thought went thru my mine = OH MY GOSH, DID THAT HANDGUN GO OFF WHEN HE FELL:Avatars_Gee_George:!!

Sooo glad that wasnt the case brother!!

That was flat out painful to even read Jeff,, thankfully you were still able to get out of the woods brother!! Prayers Up and Blessings Down are in for you Jeff with the highest hope that you get a COMPLETE recovery even though the Doc thinks 80 percent. I have turned my ankle under a couple times and even that was extremely painful,, cant imagine what your injury felt like,, OUCHY OUCH OUCH OUCH!!

Now dont you worry about the White Washer one little bit,, she will be just fine,, even if it has to remain in seclusion for the entirety of this winter we wont hold it against you - you have friends with great understanding and compassion brother!! Don't even let that infamous piece of,,, I mean incredible machine concern you.. If you need someone to scoot over and run a little Seafoam thru it just let me know,,,,, :lightbulb:I am sure I can get one of our coastal members to send me some actual seafoam (the kind with the salt in it) to use to give us that double assurance that things are not going to be all locked up next time you try to run it.. :big-grin-emoticon: What are friends for eay!!:thumbsup:

Take it easy till ya get in and get that ankle taken care of,, DONT do any more damage to it than it sounds like already happened = OUCH:95:

I did kind of same thing this summer with a less than graceful dismount from a tractor. Rolled over backwards with it stuck under me. 270 pounds from 6 feet up isn't good. They took x rays and said it wasn't broke. I said " how can that be, I heard it..." they said it was the ankle coming out of socket then going back in. I had torn ligaments, but got lucky, no torn tendons. I did it in June, and it still isn't right. It won't be right next June either.

Do what the dock says, and do the therapy. Its the only way......good luck.

I did kind of same thing this summer with a less than graceful dismount from a tractor. Rolled over backwards with it stuck under me. 270 pounds from 6 feet up isn't good. They took x rays and said it wasn't broke. I said " how can that be, I heard it..." they said it was the ankle coming out of socket then going back in. I had torn ligaments, but got lucky, no torn tendons. I did it in June, and it still isn't right. It won't be right next June either.

Do what the dock says, and do the therapy. Its the only way......good luck.

Bet that puppy turned black n blue!!!!!!! :95:

If this nonsense keeps up we are gonna hafta beg Freebird for a new forum thread thingy called VR/ER :223:,,, may be more popular than the Water Hole if we keep going this way :big-grin-emoticon:

Sorry for the hi-jack Jeff, someday I gotta change my ways!:thumbsup:

She looks familiar.......

I may NEED a nurse or 3.

And her number is?????????

Wish you the best, you will be kicking butt before you know it.

I sure hope it is someone else butt cause I have determined after intense experimentation that kicking one own butt is NOT fun.

I will put you on our Thursday morning prayer list. We will praying for 100% healing.

With that said, if you are a klutz with just walking around, how will you handle crutches. :confused07: My fear is if something like this happens to me, how will I get up in the middle of the night and go pee:sign67: I do not think I would get much help from my wife and kids.

Hopefully it will be good to go by riding season in 2016

Larry

Ask for demerol and beer and you won't care at all:thumbsup2:

Long time ago, I broke several bones in my fingers and hand. The Dr. gave me demerol and it was Good Stuff! I asked him how did demerol and beer mix and he said, "Fine". He was correct. One day after physical therapy I was hurting so bad, I took demerol and drank several beers. I didn't have a care in the world. I couldn't stop laughing at everything.

But, But, But,,,,,,,,,I'm violently allergic to beer.........

My very first beer ever I was in the ER before I got halfway thru it.

I have seen to many people do additional damage to themselves by having drugs that took ALL the pain away. I really do not like having either one of my remaining 2 brain cells messed with.

That really sick and I hope you take the rehab very seriously if you want that ankle back. It's gonna hurt and be very hard. But if you feel burning or sharp pain during pt, let the doctor know. I was pushing my hip too hard and not letting the siatica heal. Can't imagine moving a big venture around with bum ankle. Dammm!