IGNORED

Biketoberfest Bust

ToyOdie

Friday I was heading down to Daytona for Biktoberfest. So Thursday afternoon I put the bike on the jack for a quick safety check. As soon as I got it up, I gave the rear tire quick spin to make sure it was off the ground. As it spun around I spotted a piece of wire in the tread. Hoping it was just in the surface (hadn't been losing pressure) I pulled it out. No such luck. Biketoberfest just became a bust. I called around looking for a replacement tire. My favorite part of the search was when I called the local Harley dealer. The parts guy ask for the make and size I wanted. After I told him Dunlop MV85B-15 and he looked it up, his response was, and I quote "That's a HIGH SPEED tire, we don't carry HIGH SPEED tires." The best I could get locally was Tuesday. I went online and ordered one from Jake Wilson for $157.00 with no shipping or tax. The estimated delivery was Monday. Friday morning I checked the status and the order had shipped Thursday night from Kentucky. I was bummed all day Friday because now I had to work on my "Honey Do" list. After work on Saturday I checked the status of my order and it said it had been delivered. I checked the front porch and sure enough there it was. My only problem now is getting it mounted. Too late on Saturday to get it to the stealer and get it back and stealer is closed on Sunday and Monday. Might not be able to get it done until Tuesday. The only good I can get out the situation is that it could have gone flat in the middle of nowhere or worse.

Hello. First post. Took my 84 for it's first real ride Saturday to biketoberfest. It was a hoot. Can send a couple pics if you want. :)

OUTSTANDING Capy!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE PICS OF YOUR 84 AT THE "FEST"!!:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

If @capymotiv follows thru with this I am going to nominate him as a good example of how to start off your posting career on VR properly!!:thumbsup:

Friday I was heading down to Daytona for Biktoberfest. So Thursday afternoon I put the bike on the jack for a quick safety check. As soon as I got it up, I gave the rear tire quick spin to make sure it was off the ground. As it spun around I spotted a piece of wire in the tread. Hoping it was just in the surface (hadn't been losing pressure) I pulled it out. No such luck. Biketoberfest just became a bust. I called around looking for a replacement tire. My favorite part of the search was when I called the local Harley dealer. The parts guy ask for the make and size I wanted. After I told him Dunlop MV85B-15 and he looked it up, his response was, and I quote "That's a HIGH SPEED tire, we don't carry HIGH SPEED tires." The best I could get locally was Tuesday. I went online and ordered one from Jake Wilson for $157.00 with no shipping or tax. The estimated delivery was Monday. Friday morning I checked the status and the order had shipped Thursday night from Kentucky. I was bummed all day Friday because now I had to work on my "Honey Do" list. After work on Saturday I checked the status of my order and it said it had been delivered. I checked the front porch and sure enough there it was. My only problem now is getting it mounted. Too late on Saturday to get it to the stealer and get it back and stealer is closed on Sunday and Monday. Might not be able to get it done until Tuesday. The only good I can get out the situation is that it could have gone flat in the middle of nowhere or worse.

You ever get er straightend around Toy? Hope so brother!!

Good on ya for noticing the tire in the first place - FLATS ARE NO FUN:thumbdown:!!

Took plenty of pictures from the bike but none of the bike you can make out. Was the ONLY 1st gen there (so you had the fastest, prettiest scoot at the "Fest"? - nuttin wrong with that!!). My bad. :)

I for one would still think it would be WAYYYYYY COOL to see some pics @capymotiv.. Only thing cooler would be if you were to start a new thread with the pics and some text story explaining em :witch_brew: (make a GREAT 3rd post my friend!!) but hey,, even one picture would be GREAT!!:happy34: