IGNORED

Another triker here

Carbon_One

Ok folks I'm officially a triker now. Today was the day I finished up this long project.

Before I describe what I've done I'd like to thank JerryM, Bikenut, and whom ever else I've gleaned info from on trikes. Thanks guys for the info and insight. :clap2:

Second I'd like to thank Tri-Wing from who I bought my trike kit. They are imo a first class company who've answered many of my questions before and after the sale. I also had the chance to see what their customer service was like when I happened to have a leaking air bag. Darlene promptly took matters in hand to resolve the issue. :thumbsup2:

Here's a quick run down on the project. First on the agenda was to remove damaged parts and determine what had to be replaced from my accident back in August. Then it was time to order replacement parts as well as make the decision to convert the ride to a three wheeler. From there it was ordering parts. Over a period of time parts came in so I dived into this project installing the trike frame and preparing the body to my liking.

Besides the trike install I also had the trees raked by Steer-Rite, added in a set of Sonic fork springs, and mounted up a set of Flanders pullbacks along with the longer brake & throttle cables.

Attached below are a few pics as the project progressed. Enjoy. Any one with questions I'll be happy to pass along whatever knowledge I gain doing this project.

Larry

PS: I'll post back later here on the results of my road tests. Also get some better quality pics.

Larry, I never thought that the bike we picked up after your accident last year would ever be the same again, but I have to say, that is one fine looking machine you have built. You have done a great job in transforming that torn up bike into a beautiful showpeice..............

Congratulations............awesome.........fantastic........if it rides half as good as it looks you got a real winner on your hands........cant wait to see it first hand...............

Welcome to the more than 2 wheels riders group here at venturerider.org. Love the trike. I was like Dragonrider looks alot different than the wrecked bike. These are the pics of the same bike below after it was put on the trailer at vogel. GREAT JOB CARBON_ONE:cool10: Here's to many years with the Black Beauty. One question how does you wife like the new ride?

Hope my 99 looks as good with a new paint job:fingers-crossed-emo

Hi Larry

That is one sweet looking ride now. You did a great job on the trike conversion and now you have the pride to say you did it yourself. Great Job. I am glad I could help you out with some of your questions.

Ride safe

Bikenut

Larry

That is a great looking trike,you did a good job with it.I am looking forward to seeing you at Don's maint. day.I know you will enjoy your ride,I like mine more every time I get on it.Thanks for sharing your pictures and the work you did.I am glad I could help in anyway I could with your questions.Jerry M

Thanks for all the comments guys. Managed to put on about 75 miles today and I like what I'm seeing so far. Sure it's a different ride compared to a stock RSV on two wheels but was excepted before even attemping this project. Anyhow there's always pros & cons to anything that changes a basic machine.

Later, Larry