IGNORED

need new body pieces

I just picked up a 1989 Venture Royale which will be one of my "projects" over the winter (beats watching TV). Unfortunately it is missing a few pieces... specifically the two side body pieces and the lower "lip" - basically all of the bodywork below the fairing. Is my best bet to watch ebay and simply pick parts up as I go along or is there a "well known" cache of spare parts out there I can tap into?

Thanks

The side panels will fit. not sure what you mean by the "lip" but if you mean the chin in front of the rad at the bottom then the mk1s did not come with those. If you mean the small piece that connects the lower fairings together then yes they are the same.. BUT if you are somewhat patient you may come up with the right pieces from the same year in the same color so as not to need to paint.. eBay has these all the time

this raises another questions - will the body panels from the 1200 (gen 1) fit the 1300 (gen 2)??

Thanks

Back when wrenching on the '83 I did replace one of the lowers.... I think off an '87... and found the frame tab was off about an inch off from where the '83's was located. Zip tied it.... :-)

I just picked up a 1989 Venture Royale which will be one of my "projects" over the winter (beats watching TV). Unfortunately it is missing a few pieces... specifically the two side body pieces and the lower "lip" - basically all of the bodywork below the fairing. Is my best bet to watch ebay and simply pick parts up as I go along or is there a "well known" cache of spare parts out there I can tap into?

Thanks

I have the entire fairing off my 1988 Venture Royale less the saddle bags removed. Some of the parts would need some fiberglass patching on the tabs and a couple have cracks that would need filled. You are welcome to them for the cost of shipping + a few bucks for the packaging to get them to you. Your welcome to toss a few bones my way if you like but I would rather just get them out of the shed and see them go to good use.