• Word of mouth
    • An Ebay listing
    • A posting on another web site
    • Don't Remember

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my RSV in April 05. I was told about your sitein Feb 05 by "Leo" aka Craig a friend in georga who was looking to buy a MSRV which he did 2 day after I did. I was a lurker for a few months. I signed up in I think May 05 and been hooked ever since. My first Meet and eat was in NC in November 05 and have been trying to make as many as possible since.

As you well know Don it was from the "NOTORIOUS email from Freebird " asking if there was interest in a new site.

I was one of the first 5 or 6 that help get the site started and vote on the different forum software's. So if someone don't like the software being used today you can blame the first few people here.

See it's always been a democracy!

It's been a great site,

Thanks,

Jerry

Followed the link from the other site, pretty close to the Beginning. Since then, brought a few over, from the other side (do not get upset with me). Helped keep Mr. Owls math in check up to the hair clipping.

Brad

Bought the bike first and decided I better find a fourm to learn all about the bike. Instead I not only gained a ton of knowledge from those who have owned these fine machines but gained a whole lot of friends.

I either found this site thru a link at Delphi or thru Gooogle. Really don't matter as I'm here to stay.

Thanks for a great site Don

Larry

We were stalked. NEWTrk and I were riding through Granite OK in May of 06, first long ride with the new bike and next thing we know is we were being stalked by Wild Hair. He was sitting on a front porch as we rode by jumped on his 1st gen and followed us. He trapped us in a dead end at Quartz Mountain and forced us into a corner and made us take his card with this website on it. Best advertisment this site has is 'The Ambasador'.

Thanks Lowell! You always have a place in Catoosa to hang you hat.

:bighug:

believe it or not I was looking to upgrade from my M50. I was looking for a HD roadking was at the dealer to test ride the roadking and when I got back from the test ride I noticed the 07 midnight venture. I ask the dealer about it and he said it was in on consignment because the old guy could not hold it up at stop signs, I ask about damage and other than a couple of scratches on the crash bars no other damage. I ask the dealer If I could test ride it and he said sure took the bike out went about 10 miles and was sold went back to the dealer and bought it that afternoon. went home did a google search and here I am.

Ive been riding Ventures since 2002. I'm on my second one now.

Anyway, One day I just decided to find out if there was other Venture riders in my area so I just did a search on the net, this site came up and the rest is history!

Now I'm hooked, I check in almost every day.

Gene

well i dont know how Dale found the site...........but soon after he got into it i just had to find out what the heck was so interesting that he spent so much time in here.......so when he wasnt around I would peak in here and before ya know it , believe it or not I just had to make a comment :whistling: so I HAD to sign up...........and well the rests history (addiction, madness, call it what you will :D)

and at that time there were only a few lady members and they hardly ever spoke up or posted......well that soon changed !!!:innocent:

:rotfl::rotfl:

Was at a local indie bike store 5 months after getting my 84, saw a MK11 outside, looked around for who I thought it might be. Met Millman 37 that day, he turned me on to the site, been here ever since (much to the detriment of trying to get anything else done!). Great people, great technical help, only place I know that I can talk to Australia and Germany at the same time about the same subject with no bullc**p like politics and the such to deal with. Even carry on PM's with a certain member in Germany about Auto racing! Haven't been to any other sites and most likely won't!

Thanks Don!

Dan

I had received the "Notorious" e-mail while I was with the other site. I remember some issues back then and, not knowing the players I wasnt sure what was going on then. A few months later I came across a link and VIOLA!!! I had arrived. :cool10:

I Belong to the Venturer's and read about the new sight that was starting up. I belong to both for years.

I like them both, but the folks are much more friendlier here on the Venture Rider sight.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/venturerider/ADB/Bike.gif

Edited by Al Bates