• Word of mouth
    • An Ebay listing
    • A posting on another web site
    • Don't Remember

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking to buy a bike that would be comfortable two up. I knew I wanted water cooling, stereo and intercom. Being only an hour from Daytona, I did test rides on the Venture, the Wing and the BMW LT at Bike Week March 06. I was still undecided, liked them all. I did a search and joined several Venture, the Goldwing 1800 site and the BMW LT sites and read all about the pros and cons of the bikes at each site to have an idea what to expect. Still had a hard time deciding, test road them all again at Biketoberfest 06. Still was having a hard time deciding but was leaning toward the Venture. In Jan 07 took the wife in to look at one and she thought the blue/black was good looking. That was all the encouragement I needed, so I bought a Venture.

I know my join date shows Jan 07, but I'm pretty sure I actually joined here, possible under a different name, a year or so before.

I see that you also post on the MTA site from time to time. Are you are were you ever a member of the VTS (now the MTA)? Actually, I'm going to start another poll about that probably tomorrow morning. Just curious. They are a great group.

My husband and I both joined just this past week.

We love the site, a friend of ours told us about the site.

He bought our Midnight Silverado Road Star.

We bought our 1st RSV just a week ago....

can't wait for the opportunity to ride and maybe get to a meet and eat.

My husband and I both joined just this past week.

We love the site, a friend of ours told us about the site.

He bought our Midnight Silverado Road Star.

We bought our 1st RSV just a week ago....

can't wait for the opportunity to ride and maybe get to a meet and eat.

If your free next weekend, Riderduke and I are hosting a M&E in Williamsburg VA. We'd love to have you join us if you can make it. Here is link to that thread http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19685

I found VR.o with a google search in late 04 after I bought my 86. I didn't get on much and forgot about it until I searched again in 06 and found out about Vogel! I went to that and that's all it took to get me hooked. Of course right after Vogel, I tried to log on and couldn't get on. I figured that after I met everyone at the rally, they didn't want me here any more! :rotfl: Then I found out about the CRASH OF 06 and felt better!

Before I bought my 05 Midnight, I had only seen 2 of them and I wanted to find out more about the bike and it's characteristics. I searched around and happened upon VR.Org. After reading and seeing how the members not only helped all who came along, but had become a huge family with all the fun jibs back and forth as brothers and sisters do in a family, I was just hooked.

Thanks Don for building the best family on the net.

Seen one at the dealer when went looking for gloves. Test rode it. Loved it. Bought it.

Figured after that I aught to learn what I had just bought so did a Google search on

"Venture Forums" and there here I am. I know I know, got it a bit backwards but I was only looking for a pair of gloves!!!

Guest OldDog

I bought my RSV a year ago in Myrtle Beach, SC. One day at a gas station, guy came up to me & told me about this site.

Am I ever glad he did, as it's been really helpful !

found it in 05 when bought a 83 basket and trying to figure out how to put back together did a search on msn for "venture" found here got it together and then asked "what up with 2nd gear, then tried to log on after a hiatus and found out about the crash and here I am everyone here deserves a pat on the back thanks Don...