IGNORED

Pro's & Con's of Bunkhouse camper trailer

ragtop69gs

They are probably the most popular MC camping trailer on the market. They set-up quickly. It was not the brand we selected however. We went for a Time-Out brand but ours takes significantly more time to set-up than does the Bunkhouse. But ours has much more space inside and all of it is off the ground unlike the Bunkhouse where as soon as you jump out of bed, you are on the ground. Another advantage of the bunkhouse is that it has storage that is usable when set-up as well. Ours does not have that but we use storage bins so that solves that.

Each model has its advantages and weaknesses. You need to decide which features are most important to you. If quick easy set-up and storage while set-up is most important to you... the Bunkhouse should be a very good choice for you. If having much more space all off the ground is more important like it is to us... you may wish to look at Time-Out or another brand.

Going to a rally where there are bunch set-up is a good way to see all the different types set-up. The International in Guntersville two summers ago is where my wife started most of the research for us. She walked around asking all the other campers about their campers and was able to see them set-up.

Good luck with your search!

We have an Aspen Classic, similar to the Bunkhouse. We had an old Bunkhouse to start with, we sold that to friends and upgraded to a 2006 Aspen. We love it, very spacious and a king size bed. Lots of storage underneath. Wolfrider here at VR.org was selling his Bunkhouse, it's a very nice one and I believe he was only asking $2500.

What year you looking at ?

I have a 2005 Bunkhouse Purchased in 2009 it has the 6 ft room

It pulls real nice, You just need to balance the load

So for it has held up. I will need to look into replacing the screens. over the next year or so

Other than that have no complaints It sets up easy

I you use a heater make sure you wipe the ceiling down with a towel even with windows partly open it will get condinsation

Cleaning the ceiling over the the bed of any mildew is a real pain in the ass.

I few guy here have the Aspens which I have not heard any negatives either

We are camping down in Southern Ohio this weekend . Come on down