IGNORED

1st Gen +2nd Gen = Harley sounding diesel ?

KIC

Out here in Ca. that would go over like a lead balloon. All that unburned fuel coming out the exhaust would get reported to the CARB board in a nanosecond. Nice engineering project, but he might have rebuilt the motor before stuffing it in the bike. Black exhaust smoke means low compression. Not good on a diesel...

Nothing impressive about that at all.

Top speed 90 mph. Doesn't accelerate (builders admission on tape), Waaaay overfueled (black smoke), longer than a battleship (handles like a turd), probably weighs as much as a battleship too, under-sprung badly/not damped (visible when he goes up driveway) and so on.....

Edited by Great White

While I too totally admire his creativity and ingenuity :clap2::dancefool::thumbsup: I really fail to see the common sense (or respect for his neighbor) in running around the neighborhood dumping that nasty black soot on people out for a casual stroll :confused24:. I have kids that live in California and KNOW first hand where @Condor is coming from but I honestly think that we creative folks (and there are a BUNCH of us on VR) serve an even higher calling than the ones laid forth by even the great state of CA Jack.. Probably sounds nuts but, from one gear head to another (like most of you folks, there are a few "off the wall" machines in my past too) he should never have even pulled the thing out of the garage until that smoke beltching monster's engine was brought up to proper running condition:doh:. Could make a difference between the smog cops showing up and having your tools takin away from you (or worse = BAD relationship with your neighbor's/fellowman) and having the neighbor's standing in line taking pictures and wanting you to build em one :beer::Laugh:

Other than that - heck ya,, running right = I would GLADLY ride that Mad Max Road Warrior machine right down main street during the Sturgis Rally with a great big smile on my sun tanned face :big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon: I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: