IGNORED

Looking for a bike under 600lb

tufftom4

I am looking for a bike under 600lb to put on a trailer hitch channel mount I am tired of doing the trailer and when I get to where I am going if it is not a pull through I have to unload the bike and leave the trailer, with a small bike I can just keep it on the back of the motor home my ? is what to recommend.

KLR250 or KLR650. Cheap and reliable. Not the best for inseam challenged folks though.

RR

I second the KLR650. That is my daily driver and although it is the ugliest motorcycle ever built and it sounds like an old farm tractor with its single piston banging around, it is soooooo much fun to drive.

I've seen Goldwings hanging on the back of Class A motorhomes. So that is possible apparently with right type channel rack.

But, if under 600lb is your goal... I have a bike that I think is a great smaller bike. Although no longer made. But you can find many low mileage used ones. That is the Honda 750 Magna's. 540lbs wet. Since they are a V4 just like the Ventures, they pump out serious HP in a little package. And unlike many smaller cc bikes, are still very smooth at highway speeds. With the right windshield, leather bags, and passenger backrest would work for light touring. I added a J&M handlebar CB to mine so I can talk with my son when he rides with me.

highest.jpg

Edited by Venturous

All depends on what style bike you like to sit on comfortably. The small cruisers, adventure bikes, sport bikes, etc are all entirely different in seating positions and comfort. Seems to be a lot of new Vtwin street bikes offered now such as the Honda NC700X.

I agree on the KLR650. I loved my KLR and only sold it to get my 87 for my son. My next bike is another KLR650. They are great for street and dirt. They can also be carried on a hitch rail, just make sure it is a heavy duty rail and use one of these which are worth their weight in rhodium. I recommend these to anybody who pulls a trailer or uses any type of trailer hitch carrier.

http://www.drawtite.com/vh070hd.html