IGNORED

We may have trouble.

Saddle tramp

We were in Franklin NC earlier this summer. On like the north side of town was where Wal Mart was. Now it it a mile or so closer to town, brand spanking new building and the older one sits empty. We gat a pizza from a place next to the old WM and the fellows in there said something about plumbing or electrical issues. Had 2 close here in Fla for suposed plumbing issues. If our US economy is crashing there aint nothing I can do. Im just screwed.

Sometimes it is cheaper in the long run to build a new building than try to bring an old one up to code. They could strip an old building, build a new one in a better area, sell the old site and still come out ahead.

I remember reading an article recently about a Walmart that was closed for plumbing issues. there had been protests about wages and the plumbing problem just happened about the same time so the store close for repairs and the workers didn't have a job for a while.

Sometimes it is cheaper in the long run to build a new building than try to bring an old one up to code. They could strip an old building, build a new one in a better area, sell the old site and still come out ahead.

Many times they will move just across the city/country line to avoid taxes. I do not believe them to be "honorable" in their business practices. Then again look at Washington DC. It's every man for himself.

Why would there be cops outside an empty store?

We had an empty grocery store in town for several years and someone was always breaking in and doing something stupid, meth labs, stealing copper, people living in it building campfires and many other things the cops showed up for.