IGNORED

CB Starts on Channel 9

First let me say. I have had this 1987 bike for 25+ years. Now I am using the CB radio again. And every time I turn CB on, it starts on Channel 9. But easily switches to the other channels. I do not remember this being normal. Or maybe my age is starting to catch up with my memory. FYI- the CH9 button is not pushed. I looked in the owners manual. Does not mention this being normal at all. Is this normal or is there something amiss I should be checking into ? :think:

Sounds like the power to the CB that allows it to maintain settings when the ignition is off. Channel 9 use to be the "emergency" channel and the CB will default to it.

I would check the fuses, and wiring to the unit. There are two fuse boxes, one above the battery and the other is tucked in front of the battery on the right the side.

when a Royale is delivered with CB installed from factory. The fuses I do not think are by that turn signal. I know there is a filter there. I already checked(ohmed out) the ones right of the battery. I am sure it's a fuse thing. But where ? Any pics of where else to look ?

Those threads are not my issue. It works fine but ALWAYS starts on CH9. So I pulled both the CB and back up fuses as the manual says to do. Tested both ohmed out "0". Then I pulled the whole fuse block holding them. The wires seems twisted all together 360... maybe normal but not like my parts bike. I think it's at the CB itself.........UPDATE: using a spare CB with it's own issues HOLDS last channel set.... confirmed I have a minor problem with my original CB. Just need to remember to set channel after start up. I took it apart....just more than I want to deal with now.

Edited by jasonm.