IGNORED

NY Rally from Ont

Marcarl

Marca & I plan to leave home shortly after lunch on Thursday, will ride through the Penninsula, skip Buffalo and be at Chaffee sometime after before we get there.

We're staying at Ben's, stirring the pot as soon as possible. Should be cool, lodging next door to an Icelander.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back home and trying to sort out our plans. As it stands, we hope to get away Thurs afternoon or Friday morning. Hope we can make Thurs afternoon so we can join you. Will confirm as soon as possible. We are booked at the Microtel. Have to return later Sat evening.

I had been hoping to make it this year, but with the new job I just didn't see a way to get a Saturday in August off. Working at a bike shop, in the summer,does not do good things for getting away. And now 1 of our service managers managed to get his butt fired. This seals the deal, no way can I get Saturday off. (I want his old job and the raise in pay.)

I may pop in for a drink after work on Saturday though.

Well Carl & Don if your Ok with it.........I'll jump in with you boys and girls Thursday afternoon. If you want to meet at Casablanca.......just name the time......I'll be there.......the new scoot needs to get out for a real ride! :biker:

I sent a PM to Saddlebum but that Bum Ben hasn't got back to me :confused24:??

Marca & I plan to leave home shortly after lunch on Thursday, will ride through the Penninsula, skip Buffalo and be at Chaffee sometime after before we get there.

We're staying at Ben's, stirring the pot as soon as possible. Should be cool, lodging next door to an Icelander.

Best keep an eye on that Icelander guy if ya do Carl - he is suppose to be clipping some vids for me and you never know where that sneaky bugger may have a camera hidden!! :photographing::missingtooth:

Things are a little iffy maybe. Marca's mom has been taking our attention the last few days, she's 87 and now has a few 'getting older' issues,,, might mean that Marca stays home, and maybe I will accompany her,,, meaning that we're not sure yet what's happening.

If I go solo, the QEW would be a choice, if Marca goes with, we will skip the QEW and ride through the center of the penninsula (Hwy#3). Plan though is for Thursday Aft.

For myself I cannot pin down exactly when I will be going down as my daughhter is getting married sept 5th and tthat dear thoughtful wife of mine just went into overtime in thoughts and qaudrupiled my honey dew list and so I am feverishly working away at it. Hopefully I will get enough done so she will say " HONEY YOU WORKED HARD SO GO AND HAVE SOME FUN , YOU EARNED IT". So far I think I am doing good. most likly if am still able to go it will be sometime between fri morn and fri afternoon.

Not going again this year. We had planed to go no matter what BUT the mother in-law is back in hospital again! She's in more then out this year so I need to be here with the wife in case things go down hill fast. If anyone has room bongobobny has a package for me. Nothing seems to be going our way this year. You guys have fun!!!

didn't see your post before I posted my reply Don. Just in case I leave Thurs is there anyway I could get the cables tomorrow?

You want upper and/or lower ?

I finish work at 3pm tomorrow. Could meet you at the truck stop 1/2 way between Cambridge and Woodstock. I'm working in Cambridge this week.

Like for some others, our planning for this event that we enjoy so much has been up and down. We thought we might have to pass due to grandkids coming in from Calgary - but worked that out. Then an aunt died Sunday and we expected funeral plans would force changes, but that is working out. However, our plans to get away Thurs (with Marcarl and others) is still up in the air given Don's weather forecast, so we may also hold off till Friday am. If so, we would be happy to join Don and others also departing Friday am.

Am not sure myself....not been feeling too good lately. Get bouts of dizziness sometimes, so MC is out of question. Am thinking of caging it most likely Friday, and come back home late Saturday. Will keep an eye open on this thread, and all depends on how I am feeling Friday morn. Wouldnt mind joining any biking group.:canada: