IGNORED

I finally got my "dream" bike !

Hummingbird

After selling my 2007 Midnight Venture several years ago I bought 2 Honda Level 4 Trikes. One was a 2007 Honda GL1800 w/Champion SA kit and only 3000 miles on it. We rode it for a few weeks and found a 2008 GL1800 w/MotorTrike kit and IRS, BIG difference. We rode the MotorTrike for about 700 miles and it still only had just less than 4000 miles on the odometer. sold the Champion - I could never get comfortable on either one of them for more than an hour or so and just quit riding. I eventually found someone that wanted the MotorTrike more than I did so it was gone.

I kept looking and watching and when the 2009 Venture w/Hannigan kit came available I destroyed 2 computer keyboards from slobbering on them while I lusted for the Hannigan.

I finally contacted the owner and we made a tentative deal so on Friday, August 7th, wife and I went for a ride to inspect it and do a test ride. It only took 2 miles to make up my mind so I paid for the the po for his bike which then became mine. Put a plate on it and headed home, nearly 300 miles and too many semi trucks later we arrived home.

I can't think of anything needed to make this bike complete (mine) so perhaps we'll get to enjoy some miles yet this year.

and as per law attached are a few pictures of my new to me Venture with Hannigan trike kit. (and the po's custom paint from Hannigan, Candy red and metallic Black)

20150808_101032.jpg20150808_100957.jpg20150808_101015.jpg

When I decided to go to three wheels I went to the local Hannigan installer and he let me ride a couple of trikes he had there so I could be sure I wanted to go to a trike. Both were wings. I put about 50 miles on each. That was enough to convince me I was ready for a trike but it sure wasn't going to be a wing. Gawd those things are uncomfortable. Had him do the conversion on my 09-S and have to agree with you. The RSV just may be the perfect platform for a trike.

Congrats on the new trike. Shes beautiful.

Wowwser,,,,,,beautiful bike Dick, that would be my dream bike also, maybe in a few years I can have one like that, but will probably have to sell my trike and my other 2 1st gens I am acquiring to get one, will probably have to add cash to the deal but you gotta do, what you gotta do.

Edited by DragonRider

If I could afford one that would be it. As it looks I may be hanging it up.

Dan, I'm REALLY sorry to hear that. I haven't been around as long as most on here but I'm sure you and the boss were in cahoots when this forum was born. If your riding is over (hope not) then at least hang around so us dummys can still learn from your expertise.

WOW ZZZ WOW WOW WOW,,, THAT is purrrrrrrrdy Mr. Bird,, just flat gorgeous:thumbsup:!! :ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886

THANKS for being a law abiding VR member:photographing::big-grin-emoticon: Wondered if it has a form of reverse on it (probably a stupid question)..

Prayers still Up and Blessings Down for you YammerDan!!! Tuff decisions to make my friend, this biking business gets in the blood thats for sure.. Either way you decide, please know you are loved my brother!!

WOW ZZZ WOW WOW WOW,,, THAT is purrrrrrrrdy Mr. Bird,, just flat gorgeous:thumbsup:!! :ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886

THANKS for being a law abiding VR member:photographing::big-grin-emoticon: Wondered if it has a form of reverse on it (probably a stupid question)..

Prayers still Up and Blessings Down for you YammerDan!!! Tuff decisions to make my friend, this biking business gets in the blood thats for sure.. Either way you decide, please know you are loved my brother!!

Thanks puc - yes it does have reverse and boy does it work. If you are familiar with the reverse on the Honda reverse, speed that up about 10 or 15 times ! Hannigan installed what appears to be an automatic transmission flywheel and a starter. Hit the switch and HANG on ! It launches backward really quickly and fast and noisy but in the end I'm glad it's there because my feet just barely make it outside the weight bearing floor boards if I want to push back.

The bike has a slight miss in it but it looks like seafoam is working. I'm not concerned about it because the bike only has 6000 miles on it and being a 2009, it had to have sat around for a while.

Sharp looking Scoot Dick. I followed B2Dad through Wolf Pen down at Vogel on my 1st Gen. Had to work to stay with him. Can you give me a Ball Park figure as to how much it would take to make my 99 look lie that. Do they change color as you want ?

I can say that I guarantee that you will be very pleased with that beautiful new Hannigan Trike. I had my '99 triked with Hannigan, 3 years ago and love it, love it. I had the extra gas tank installed, which is great, but at the very same time, reverse wasn't an option. I'm really ticked off at Hannigan because just as the reverse option came out and while the bike was still in their shop, I notified them that I wanted the reverse installed also. Here's the deal. They said that they had already installed the older type gas tank, which wouldn't work with the reverse set up, and now it would cost me additional money (quite a lot) to remove that tank plus the cost of the newly designed tank. I thought that was a poor decision. Had they agreed to exchange tanks, I would also have added the running boards, which I think look great on your Trike. So, I do wish I had the reverse and running boards - I can't believe they did this to me!

A quick look comes in at a little over 14k. I'm sure I could add to that a little. And we have a place only about 100 miles from here that installs them. Is there a installation charge? Or is it include in price of kit?

I pretty sure your local dealer will have their installation fee on top the Hannigan kit parts - Coach Rice Trikes did my trike for the po

Spending that big of a chunk hurts around here with this Retirement thing. I feel I'm taking away from the Warden. And she deserves it as much as I do or more for putting up with me. What could I leave off that list on their site that I could do myself?? Do I need reverse? I think I do need boards. Going to have to look again.

You can do without reverse if your carefull how you park. I have the boards and reverse. I can back up with out reverse if I'm on level ground. If you pull in front wheel up hill it coast backwards easy. The boards make it hard to to reach the ground to push yourself backwards. There have been a hand full of times I was glad I got the reverse but I could have done without.

In the end, no you dont NEED either one but I'm glad I got both. I do highly recomend the aux. fuel tank.

Your MPG is going to take a noticeable hit. If I had to save money somewhere, I would forget the boards and reverse and go with the aux. tank. But yea, you can just carry a can or plan on more fuel stops.

Whatever it takes to keep the knees in the breeze.

You might consider one of the bolt on kits to save some dough but haveing rode with you and knowing how you like to get in it, I think you'd be happier with a "real" trike.

The handling of my RSV/Hannigan is superb.

Spending that big of a chunk hurts around here with this Retirement thing. I feel I'm taking away from the Warden. And she deserves it as much as I do or more for putting up with me. What could I leave off that list on their site that I could do myself?? Do I need reverse? I think I do need boards. Going to have to look again.

Dan, I see seven numbers up by your avatar - a random guess would be that there are that many bikes sitting around somewhere with your name on them. I totally believe that anybody that has the most toys wins but when I want something I find a way to dispose of inventory and buy whatever I happen to want at the time. There are only 2 things sacred to me, my wife and my wood shop, EVERYTHING else has a price on it should somebody decide they want it more than I do.

To sum up, there IS a way for you to have a Hannigan, just how bad do you want it and what are you willing to give up to get it.

Didn't mean to sound harsh but life is way too short to not have what you really want. Good Luck selling 2 or 3 or whatever it takes