IGNORED

The crash some of you may not know about

Squidley

Glad you came out OK. On to the bike. Most insurance companies if I remember right when you get to 60% of value they write it off. From what I have read in last couple weeks with guys having plastic bit broke they get expensive fast.

I can't count the number of times I've seen you tell someone that machines can be fixed. It's still very true, though it doesn't always help when it's a favored toy that's broken.

Irene and I are relieved that it was no worse, and that you guys weren't hurt.

Hugs all around.

Wow Squid and Lonna,,, a lot of others would have bit the dust and in less 'serious' incidents than what you two went though. You were spared my friends and now you have more experience and you can also have more comfort in knowing that the Master is looking after you in all situations. As has been said, a little knee bending I think was in order.

How nice it is to know that we are not in control near as much as we like to think,,,, after all, who was it that held that bike up right,,, was it you???

Glad to hear you two are physically ok and able to share,,,, May He continue to bless you.

Thanks for letting us know Brad. I don't follow non-family facebook, and very little of the immediate kin. I can totally understand Lonna wanting to beat her to a pulp after the last go around.... Glad you're walking away from this one. Bent bikes can be replaced....

Brad, I'm very pleased to read you did not get hurt. Your skillful riding by keeping the bike up must have played a major factor in the two of you not suffering any serious injuries. I'm sure over the next days you may suffer from some tightening muscles or other pains, so do take it easy.

Brad glad you and Mrs Squidly are ok i still need to get to Houston to meet up with yall and go for a ride oh Gunboat passed the word you were not ready to ride with him yet you still need to a lot more riding experience before you can go! glad yall are still around the bike can be fixed or replaced yall can not

Straighten crash bars, new outer fairing, sand and repaint the lowers and other minor stuff. Doesn't look like a total to me...but insurance companies look at the cost. Unless the forks are shot, I'd say you could repair this. At least that's what I would do....

david

Straighten crash bars, new outer fairing, sand and repaint the lowers and other minor stuff. Doesn't look like a total to me...but insurance companies look at the cost. Unless the forks are shot, I'd say you could repair this. At least that's what I would do....

david

That's not what insurance company's do. Add up the cost for all new parts, and we all know what OEM Venture plastics sell for... It doesn't take long to go over the top on a 2002 RSMV trade in value. It's a total.... I've seen newer Ventures with less damage selling on Bent Bikes. Since it's not Brads fault and he'd be dealing with the 'other' insurance company, I'd hold out for a replacement bike....mental stress and all the rest..

Edited by Condor

It all comes down to what kind of insurance you have. I bought my '99 new in '99. I never carried anything but liability on it. Most of the bikes that I've seen totaled were totaled only because of the price of new plastic. If you only have liability and want to repair it, it wouldn't cost very much if you buy used parts off Ebay and wherever you find them. Of course if it's the other persons fault as in this case, then you should be good to go on their dime.

:sign yeah that: Been there with insurance companies. The bike probably is totaled by insurance standards, but my point is buying it back (if your insurance company handles this) and repairing it may be a better deal in that you know the bike you are repairing. You've already done the work, spent the bux, getting your bike where you want it...it's not fun to start over...or maybe it is for some! Plastic is cheap for the most part on EBay. But like Freebird said, if it is the other person's fault, it's their dime....go with what they give.

Just glad you guys are OK...that's the most important part, Brad.

WOW ZZZZZZZZZZZ WOW WOW WOW!!! Tip and I just got in from Sturgis, heard about the accident (I think it was Phoneman who told us - THANK YOU AGAIN PHONEMAN!!) and that Brad and Lonna were ok - THANK GOD!!!!! First thing I had to do when I got home here was to dig up Squids number and call him - IT WAS SOOOOO NICE TO HEAR YOUR VOICE SQUID!!!

Just from hearing the story, looking at the pics of the damages done and knowing first hand how quickly things like this can happen I want to thank my dear brother Squidley for how he handled this entire crisis (including the after effects of handling a young driver who was at fault - heaven forbid but this could have been one of my own children) . Squidley, you did it again my friend - you protected yourself, our lovely Lonna and even the young lady who hit you.. HEROISM DEFINED!! Oh yea, and Sweetnothing,, YOUR love, trust and faith in your husband is an outstanding example for all of us - YOU are amazing Lonna!!!

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the good vibes. I'm fixin to get on the insurances behind today as I haven't heard anything from them. Here are a few pics of the damage....[ATTACH=CONFIG]100969[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]100970[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]100971[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]100972[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]100973[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]100974[/ATTACH]

Looks like the gremlin bell in the 3rd pic was really looking out for you! Heck with the tar snakes and little gremlins...lets just save some lives!!! Glad to hear everybody is OK.