IGNORED

Need screws

vicco27

Those I believe are 5 mm screws as a temp fix try Home Depot they carry metric screws. Once you have the right one look on EBay for stainless ones to replace the Home Depot ones which will rust in time. You can coat the steel ones with light grease to hold off the rust over the short term

Ya know,, I always wondered why people gotta tighten those little suckers down so tight.. Yamaha spent all that time to make such cool little rubber gaskets and to do such a great job in designing the cover so the rubber gasket fits so nicely.. There really is no reason for those little screws to be put in with an impact driver :big-grin-emoticon:.. I have ran all my Ventures with those screws loose enough that I can bump em out one handed and never had a leak problem... Same with the oil fill cap, seems like Magilla Gorilla :pushups: was hired to put the oil fill cap on all my 1st Gens just before I get em.. Things got the most beautiful seal on it,, finger tight for thousands of miles and never an issue..:Bunny:

Ya know,, I always wondered why people gotta tighten those little suckers down so tight.. Yamaha spent all that time to make such cool little rubber gaskets and to do such a great job in designing the cover so the rubber gasket fits so nicely.. There really is no reason for those little screws to be put in with an impact driver :big-grin-emoticon:.. I have ran all my Ventures with those screws loose enough that I can bump em out one handed and never had a leak problem... Same with the oil fill cap, seems like Magilla Gorilla :pushups: was hired to put the oil fill cap on all my 1st Gens just before I get em.. Things got the most beautiful seal on it,, finger tight for thousands of miles and never an issue..:Bunny:

So, are you saying not to put blue locktite on them? :fishin:

Steel screws in aluminum tend to be very hard to remove. That is why I bought an impact driver very shortly after buying my first bike, a new 71 Honda CB350. An impact driver can get those screws loose without ruining them.