IGNORED

Venture West Sweep in Accident

I just got home from ER where as Caverrider (Melanie), while on her way to meet me for our usual evening ride, was hit by a woman making a U-Turn in the middle of a long fast moving road. They were both heading out towards Montague, the lady slowed down and pulled over a bit. Mel assumed she was going to stop, and then the lady made a U-turn in front of her.

Mel is being flown down to Redding, CA for surgery at Mercy Medical tomorrow. Her right leg is broke in three places. She has a compound fracture in her femur, a clean break in her tibia and a break in her fibula. Her CT scans proved that her leg was the only major injury. Tomorrow's surgery will show more as her femur is shattered. Dr. Bill Broekel, Melanie's friend, was there and he explained things to me so that I understood her injuries better. The bike is totaled.

I do not know more than that. funny, how in her pain she mentioned Victor and the "Venture West Folks". She asked me to "let them know I'm ok". Without asking I know that you all will send prayers and good thoughts. Mel's private email is caverrider@yahoo.com

Wow, Nanci, I'm so sorry to hear. I really enjoyed talking to Melanie at Venture West, and appreciated her waiting for me to get gas when the rest of the group had left on the night we will went for pie. Please pass along my best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery to her.

Dale.

Guest divey

Very very sorry to hear about Melanie. Sounds as though it could have been much worse. Thoughts going out to her for a quick recovery. Doug

Crap I hate to hear this again. Sounds like she wa following this car and the car pulled off the road on the right then swung back across the road. Hope Melanie heal fast and hope there is no more accidents during the Venture West Meet or at the International. Ride safe folks.

Prayers for Melanie.

Always hate to read posts like this. I wish her the best. Prayers sent.

(I moved this thread from the watering hole to the prayer request section since it will be filled with offerings of prayers)