IGNORED

What is this bracket tab for?

Oh come on..... So it wasn't spelled correctly. Does everything here have to be spell checked to make sure it's perfect.... and you can't figure it out for yourself????????? It not like we haven't talked about STEBELS before on this board...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/331544399331?lpid=82&chn=ps

Actually, it was an honest question. It may have been clear in your mind but I didn't know or understand what you were getting at. It was not a comment on spelling by any means.

I haven't seen or read any threads on horns.

Didn't really appreciate the "tone" of that either.....

Edited by Great White

The item circled in red on the orginal post, is where the helmet lock goes on a 1990 and newer Venture as they moved it from the rear of the bike to the front of the bars. Most likely the bars came off of a 90 or newer bike. If you check the travel trunk rack on the back of the bike, you should find the two helmet locks.

Hope that helps.

Rick F.

Actually, it was an honest question. It may have been clear in your mind but I didn't know or understand what you were getting at. It was not a comment on spelling by any means.

I haven't seen or read any threads on horns.

Really.....

The item circled in red on the orginal post, is where the helmet lock goes on a 1990 and newer Venture as they moved it from the rear of the bike to the front of the bars. Most likely the bars came off of a 90 or newer bike. If you check the travel trunk rack on the back of the bike, you should find the two helmet locks.

Hope that helps.

Rick F.

The bike was an 86, but it is possible the bars are not as it was a bit of a junkyard dog. Top box and rack was gone by the time I got to it.

The 85 top rack I have for it does have helmet locks on it, but I have a couple spares also. Might put the spares on there just so it looks right.

Googled a couple 90-92 pics and some of them do indeed show helmet locks on the lower bars. Not all, but some.

92 with locks:

http://www.2040-motos.com/_content/cars/images/40/3240/001.jpg

92 without:

http://www.bluedogbrewing.com.au/images/cp7.JPG

Very odd that some did and some didn't.

:)

Edited by Great White

The 1990 I just junked had fold down small floor boards (not pegs) mounted in this location. The boards were flat, approx 3" X 4", and had "YAMAHA" stamped into them.

If you still have them, you could probably sell them to someone her eon the board I would think. Sounds like hard to come by items.

Regarding the original inquiry about the tabs on the front of the saddlebag guards: Yes those tabs are where the helmet locks were mounted on SOME 1991-1993. My 1991 has helmet locks under the trunk, but a friend's 1991 (below) has the helmet locks on the saddlebag guards.

1991 Tuxedo G. Smith, Ark, April2015 1c.jpgKriss Starsteps, ABA-1NLCD-20-00, Nacho  1.jpg

As for the aftermarket passenger foot risers that are mounted to the front of the saddlebag guards; those were manufactured by Kriss and were called "Starsteps". Kriss made them for Ventures and for Gold Wings. Yamaha offered them as an official Yamaha VentureLine accessory (ABA-1NLCD-20-00). The VentureLine version of the Kriss Starsteps has the Venture Vivaldi "V" engraved into the bottom of the foot riser. The non-VentureLine Kriss Starsteps have a "shooting star" logo cast into the step bottom. I have a set of VentureLine Starsteps, shown here on my 1990. I have since transferred them to the 1991. Debbie finds those Starsteps quite useful, allowing for different foot positions.

IMG_0816 (Large).jpgIMG_0818 (Large).jpgIMG_0820 (Large).jpgIMG_0821 (Large).jpgKriss Starsteps for Venture, $9.99 2014.jpg

Edited by Prairiehammer

• 2 weeks later...
See my post above (post #40). They are aftermarket passenger foot risers.

Saw that after I posted. I really oughta learn to read these posts all the way through:Bunny: That's a cool idea for giving your kids or a vertically challenged passenger. When I was young dad always made risers so we could ride on the back of the Goldwing legally

See my post above (post #40). They are aftermarket passenger foot risers.

Saw that after I posted. I really oughta learn to read these posts all the way through:Bunny: That's a cool idea for giving your kids or a vertically challenged passenger a ride. When I was young dad always made risers so we could ride on the back of the Goldwing legally