IGNORED

What is this bracket tab for?

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r618/justonepict/8386C50A-8636-42FC-87A7-FB1B5F171E0D_zpstzczotx8.jpg

The side box supports are off an 86 venture royale. There was nothing on there when got them and any pics i can find on the net dont even show the tab there.

Theres one on each side and they sure look oem. Welded and chromed like the rest of the support.

Any ideas?

Found a pic of an 89 with same bracket:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/RR322/YamahaVenture002_zps3231a641.jpg

The rest of his pics reveal its only on the rh support. Nothing on the lh side.

Mine has both.

:think:

Hey, That's my bike and I have no idea what it is for!

Kind of a strange spot for a floorboard, but whatever floats yer boat I guess. I had a look at the Venture line brochure and didn't see "children's floorboards" or any extra floor boards at all besides the driver floor board option.

I suppose if you were REALLY short (or a kid) the location might make sense.

I think I'll just cover them with an extra reflector or something along those lines....

Edited by Great White

Kind of a strange spot for a floorboard, but whatever floats yer boat I guess. I had a look at the Venture line brochure and didn't see "children's floorboards" or any extra floor boards at all besides the driver floor board option.

I suppose if you were REALLY short (or a kid) the location might make sense.

I think I'll just cover them with an extra reflector or something along those lines....

They're not floorboards, but more foot rests for short legged people... i.e.. kids.... You do not want to put a ton of weight on them... There was a few things made by Baron's that were listed in the VentureLine accessory brochure that were sold separately, and I didn't see anything on the saddle bag rails. So they were probably made by Baron's with an foot rest option due to some coming without the tabs. Hdhtr had them on his '90. Tried to talk him out of them but was unsuccessful.... :) I think it would be a great place to mount a Steble horn... :whistling:

I've got a decent idea on what they are and how they work now.

Not something I can make any use of.

I'll either cut mine off or go with my original plan of mounting something like a reflector there. Just so it doesn't look like a useless bracket...:)

I would have used it as an air horn bracket. Might as well make it useful.

Thats an idea for sure, but I dont really want an air horn right below my wife's butt. Shes a pretty steady chick, but that would make her jump if she didn't know it was coming. Not a good thing on a bike.

Nor am I a fan of it right beside me on the bike. Should be sitting behind the horn...

Thats an idea for sure, but I dont really want an air horn right below my wife's butt. Shes a pretty steady chick, but that would make her jump if she didn't know it was coming. Not a good thing on a bike.

Nor am I a fan of it right beside me on the bike. Should be sitting behind the horn...

That's where I have a Stable mounted on the trike. When you're that close to ground zero it really doesn't make any difference where it's mounted....