IGNORED

Wake-up Yamaha

donaldj2242

Saw this on another Venture site.

Honda Motor Company announced its plans for the new 2009 GL-2000 Goldwing

The new 2009 Goldwing will replace the industry-leading GL-1800 Goldwing which went into production in 2001.

The 2009 GL-2000 Goldwing will feature a larger 2.0 litre (2000 cc) 6-cylinder engine matched to a new 6-speed transmission.

Honda claims the new engine will produce 165 horsepower and 157 foot pounds of torque. "This new powerplant and transmission should provide the kind of power and torque Goldwing owners have come to expect" a company official says. With the new 6-speed transmission, the 2.0 liter engine turns only 2,500 rpm at 70 miles per hour.

The new Goldwing will increase the safety of its riders with standard ABS brakes on all 2009 models. A rider airbag is also available as an option on the level 4 model.

The 2009 GL-2000 will be offered in the following configurations:

Standard features on all 2009 GL-2000 Goldwing models:

- New 2000cc 6-cylinder engine with 6-Speed transmission

- Linked ABS brakes (front and rear)

- Dramatically improved suspension with adjustable pre-load front and rear

- 6.9 gallon fuel capacity

- Adjustable seat (can be raised/lowered up to 1.5 inches) and rider backrest can be moved forward/backward.

- Adjustable windscreen (electronically adjustable is optional)

- Cargo capacity has been increased to 45 liters per saddlebag and 65 litres for the trunk.

- Heated handgrips and heated seat

- L.E.D. tail/brake lights and lighted trunk spoiler

- New instrument cluster includes speedo/tach/engine temp/voltage/ambient temp/gear indicator/tire pressure/trip computer (see below)

- DC Accessory Outlet in dash glovebox

- Trip Computer displays: Miles to Empty/Avg Miles Per Gallon/Current Miles Per Gallon

-Intercom features improved audio quality and passenger volume/on/off switch

-Honda Warranty 3-year Unlimited Miles (up to 4 year optional extended warranty)

BASE MODEL - includes comfort package (heated handgrips and seat), ABS brakes front and rear, 85-watt 4-speaker stereo with MP3/iPod connector.

COMFORT PACKAGE - includes BASE model features + electonically controlled windscreen, Homelink remote garage door opener, integrated anti-theft device.

$20,499

PREMIUM PACKAGE- includes all comfort package features + 120-watt 4-speaker stereo with MP3/iPod connection/optional XM/SIRIUS radio/Bluetooth capability, Electronic tire pressure monitoring system, integrated NAVI navigation system with Bluetooth remote programming capability using MapSource and compatible laptop, integrated fog/driving lights, HID Xenon headlights.

SAFETY PLUS PACKAGE - includes all PREMIUM features + Rider SRS Airbag restraint system, rear-end collision proximity alert system, electonically controlled cruise control.

In addition, the completely re-designed Goldwing offers owners lower maintenance costs with easier access to regular maintenance areas such as air cleaner, oil drain plug, oil filter and oil dipstick. A quick-remove engine protector plate has also been added to guard the oil pan from potential damage caused my road debris.

The new Goldwing is expected to appear in dealer showrooms in September 2008 and will be offered in the following colors: Pearl White, Pearl Yellow, Pearl Orange, Illusion Blue, Black, Titanium and Illusion Red.

Guest kozman01

I'm never interested in first year production runs, but I may just take a gander at the 2010 model and trade the 07 Venture in with a year left of warranty. This of course is assuming Yamaha does nothing with the Venture in the the next two/three years. I really don't mind the bump in engine size. While I was shopping last year and bought my Venture, I completely had my head in my a*s and never looked or even thought about the Triumph Rocket III. I REALLY like that bike. Of course now that gets me thinking about the Triumph, dammit!!!:)

The new 2009 Goldwing will replace the industry-leading GL-1800 Goldwing which went into production in 2001. Red.

No where in all that hype did I see any mention of expected miles per gallon. Can't be that good............

I have no reason to doubt the info but I wonder where it came from. I've searched and found nothing online anywhere. I'm probably just missing it. Unless they really changed the styling, it's just not for me. Sorry...I love the cruiser styling of the RSV. Put an 1800 in it and THEN I MAY consider trading. :)

....Sorry...I love the cruiser styling of the RSV. Put an 1800 in it and THEN I MAY consider trading. :)

We're on the same page. Only I think a bigger motor would be about third or fourth on my list of improvements. Lighter weight, antilock brakes, better lights, better electronics, but keep the same price. I'm all for improvements, I just don't think most of them are worth the extra money. I might trade up for some of the above, except that I just barely got this bike broke in and customized to my liking. Maybe when my warranty is up in 2010.

Sold my GL1500 Honda Goldwing to buy my 2005 Midnight Royal Star Venture, because what many of you guys have stated "Looks let a Motorcycle". Everything about my RSV I like better than my old GL1500. Just would like to see Yamaha setup and get with the times and come out with a new RSV, with some upgrades we would all enjoy.

The new 2009 Goldwing will replace the industry-leading GL-1800 Goldwing which went into production in 2001.

The 2009 GL-2000 Goldwing will feature a larger 2.0 litre (2000 cc) 6-cylinder engine matched to a new 6-speed transmission.

Honda claims the new engine will produce 165 horsepower and 157 foot pounds of torque. "This new powerplant and transmission should provide the kind of power and torque Goldwing owners have come to expect" a company official says. With the new 6-speed transmission, the 2.0 liter engine turns only 2,500 rpm at 70 miles per hour.

The new Goldwing will increase the safety of its riders with standard ABS brakes on all 2009 models. A rider airbag is also available as an option on the level 4 model.

The 2009 GL-2000 will be offered in the following configurations:

Standard features on all 2009 GL-2000 Goldwing models:

- New 2000cc 6-cylinder engine with 6-Speed transmission

- Linked ABS brakes (front and rear)

- Dramatically improved suspension with adjustable pre-load front and rear

- 6.9 gallon fuel capacity

- Adjustable seat (can be raised/lowered up to 1.5 inches) and rider backrest can be moved forward/backward.

- Adjustable windscreen (electronically adjustable is optional)

- Cargo capacity has been increased to 45 liters per saddlebag and 65 litres for the trunk.

- Heated handgrips and heated seat

- L.E.D. tail/brake lights and lighted trunk spoiler

- New instrument cluster includes speedo/tach/engine temp/voltage/ambient temp/gear indicator/tire pressure/trip computer (see below)

- DC Accessory Outlet in dash glovebox

- Trip Computer displays: Miles to Empty/Avg Miles Per Gallon/Current Miles Per Gallon

-Intercom features improved audio quality and passenger volume/on/off switch

-Honda Warranty 3-year Unlimited Miles (up to 4 year optional extended warranty)

BASE MODEL - includes comfort package (heated handgrips and seat), ABS brakes front and rear, 85-watt 4-speaker stereo with MP3/iPod connector.

COMFORT PACKAGE - includes BASE model features + electonically controlled windscreen, Homelink remote garage door opener, integrated anti-theft device.

$20,499

PREMIUM PACKAGE- includes all comfort package features + 120-watt 4-speaker stereo with MP3/iPod connection/optional XM/SIRIUS radio/Bluetooth capability, Electronic tire pressure monitoring system, integrated NAVI navigation system with Bluetooth remote programming capability using MapSource and compatible laptop, integrated fog/driving lights, HID Xenon headlights.

SAFETY PLUS PACKAGE - includes all PREMIUM features + Rider SRS Airbag restraint system, rear-end collision proximity alert system, electonically controlled cruise control.

In addition, the completely re-designed Goldwing offers owners lower maintenance costs with easier access to regular maintenance areas such as air cleaner, oil drain plug, oil filter and oil dipstick. A quick-remove engine protector plate has also been added to guard the oil pan from potential damage caused my road debris.

The new Goldwing is expected to appear in dealer showrooms in September 2008 and will be offered in the following colors: Pearl White, Pearl Yellow, Pearl Orange, Illusion Blue, Black, Titanium and Illusion Red.

What.. New GW Doesen't Have MoonRoof :confused24: That's not a real Camper :no-no-no: :stirthepot: :whistling: :rotf::rotf: :080402gudl_prv:

I Can't Find Illinois Blue either, Or my Google doesent work WTF

I found this, You'll notice the first post, First line says "This is my offering"

http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=96011&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=3d3fab6eb44694f97c901c3cae969503

ahhhh....that is why I couldn't find anything. It's all somebodies wish list. Nice job on his write-up though. :)

Note the disclaimer..............

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT AN ACTUAL PRESS RELEASE FROM HONDA MOTOR COMPANY

Guest wrench

I did see on a bike magazine site the other night where Honda is moving their Marysville, Ohio bike/atv operations to a new state-of-the-art fully robotic plant in Japan. I think it said they'd been in operation in Ohio since '84, there goes some more good jobs.

If I remember right, none of the people working on Honda Motorcycles will lose their jobs.

Be making Honda cars instead.

Just spent time over in Marysville at the County offices, only actual jobs lost will be retirees, they knew this was coming for 2 years, factory getting old, too costly to update, no hard feelings from Marysville.

Dan