IGNORED

Trick to remove twinkie - 08 RSV

Ok....what is the "secret" to removing the twinkie from an 08 RSV.

Long story short, I would like to replace the rubber gaskets/O-rings on the twinkie while I have the bike apart adjusting the valves.

I've taken all the bolts out, the oil tube out...just doesn't seem to be enough room to squeeze it out to the left or the right side.

Any help/suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ok....what is the "secret" to removing the twinkie from an 08 RSV.

Long story short, I would like to replace the rubber gaskets/O-rings on the twinkie while I have the bike apart adjusting the valves.

I've taken all the bolts out, the oil tube out...just doesn't seem to be enough room to squeeze it out to the left or the right side.

Any help/suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Walt, Did you remove the delivery pipe?? The manual calls for the carbs to be removed to get it out of there....

For those that don't know what a 'Twinkie' is, it's sort of a heat exchanger that sits in the valley between the cylinders...

One of our members didn't know what to call it, and since it looked like a Twinkie he hung that label on it, and it's been called that ever since....

Walt, Did you remove the delivery pipe?? The manual calls for the carbs to be removed to get it out of there....

For those that don't know what a 'Twinkie' is, it's sort of a heat exchanger that sits in the valley between the cylinders...

One of our members didn't know what to call it, and since it looked like a Twinkie he hung that label on it, and it's been called that ever since....

Is it in this pic? #2

Yea well thats what I meant anyways. But right area. I'm not sure I took that piece off when I did the valves. I think I just disconnected the hose, clamped it off and got it out of the way. So that water running around that little pan thing is supposed to cool up there?