IGNORED

air hawk seat cushion

mikentinamidnight

I just bought one and it is better than stock seat with my new firstgear air pants. (tend to slide too far forward). Waiting for some hot weather to see how good it really is. Found last year after a few hours on just stock seat that I was squirming looking for some comfort.

• 1 month later...

I have one for me and the wife, we love them. I had bought a 2002 Volusia just before going to datona bike week a few years back. After about 500-600 miles both of our rear ends had enough. We bought the Air hawk while down there and put on about 2000 miles after that with out any problems. It does take take a little bit to get the ajusted just right for you. I know some people say that they move around to much with them, and that they sit up to high. Like all seats its what you like. Find a dealer and try them out, they do a good job of showing you how to adjust them and you get a pretty good feel for them. I don't know how the are on my RSV I just bought it and really have not got a chance to use them on it, but I love them on my Volusia.

Best money I ever spent other than gas. Purchased it and immediately rode 4200+ miles in about 6 days (with 2 days rest in Vegas halfway thru). Also did an Iron Butt on it last year. Would have been a cripple without it. I goes on my stock - non pillow top - seat.

Don't put too much air in it. Should be about 1/2 inflated to work properly. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

RR

I bought mine about a year ago. I find that if I plan a long trip on the bike, I ride the first part of the day without the Airhawk. After my butt gets sore, I put the airhawk on and continue on for at least another 150 to 200 miles down the road. The airhawk is designed to cushion you backside...not for ventilation. As with everything else, it's all up to the individual.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Yesterday I put the Airhawk-R on my 97 RSTD stock seat and noticed there was immediate improvement on my comfortability over the day before. I have had two prostate biopsies already at my age and the cell placement on the airhawk R was great at relieving the pressure points on both the prostate and those two sensitive areas within the scrotum. You will need to get the air volume correct as well as the best means of strapping it to your seat. For my situation, I have found that the best means of holding it in the proper spot on the seat is to only use the front strap connecting the front loops while routed under the front area of the seat. YMMV. ride safe!!

Edited by Sexagenarian

As you can see each post has its own variation of if being good or why bother. The air hawk is a "roho" design which is used for patients in hospitals and nursing homes for prevention of skin breakdown and to alleviate pressure on one or more specific parts. A regular standard size is close to $500. It has been proven to help by distributing weight and not keeping pressure on one spot. I have one for my wife and she loves it. I don't need one w my iron backside but, I believe it is way better than the Wally world special. Matter of price, preference and so forth. For me, I would not hesitate to use it. Hospitals and clinics use the SAME set up for wheelchair patients. It works. Do not pump it to max air.