IGNORED

Special tool for Sirius Diaphrams

yamagrl

It's an obsolete item that only first gens. had. To make the rider think they were going faster than a second gen. Royal Star Venture!

See once again 2nd genners have that all bassakwards. Siriusxm is a radio system that can be added to a 1st gen to entertain us while we are waiting for the 2nd gens to catch up.

On the other hand, Sirius Consolidated Inc is a maker of replacement diaphragms.

That "tool" looks a lot like @skydoc_17 special thumb nail that is kept trimmed (or worn) looking just like that for the purpose of replacing diaphragms.

I used to have a bunch of those special tools back when I was much younger and had delusions of having talent.

See once again 2nd genners have that all bassakwards. Siriusxm is a radio system that can be added to a 1st gen to entertain us while we are waiting for the 2nd gens to catch up.

On the other hand, Sirius Consolidated Inc is a maker of replacement diaphragms.

That "tool" looks a lot like @skydoc_17 special thumb nail that is kept trimmed (or worn) looking just like that for the purpose of replacing diaphragms.

I used to have a bunch of those special tools back when I was much younger and had delusions of having talent.

Are you referring to the shape or the color?

Hey Yamagrl,

That guitar pick idea is VERY clever! The special "thumbnail tool" That Flyinfool is talking about is posted in the First Gen. Tech Section for the install of the Sirius Carb. Diaphragms.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?32121-Ebay-Carb-Diaphragm-Replacement!

Not everyone has the thumbnail tool, but the pick would be an excellent replacement for that tool. A wittled down popcycle stick also works very well. Don't use anything metal, it will cut the inner lip of the new Diaphragm you are trying to install.

Earl