IGNORED

Grandpagak

Never did see a list of all planning to come... Did Owl steal it? Be just like him so he don't have competition for his chili.

There never has been any real competition for the chili. Some folks (no names given here) have made a weak effort to at what they call chili, but that's all it was. Actually, I think he just opened a few cans of Hormel. Or maybe it was that Campbells Road House. :innocent-emoticon:

But there is always that off chance that someone else knows how to make chili.:fatsmiley:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am smelling a challenge MIKEY !!

Are you going to let that old feathered bird continue to rule the roost? Hike your panties Mike and enter the challenge. LOL

PS you get extra credit if the wife brings cinnamon buns (at least for me). Read my PM and let me know if your up to the challenge.

BUBBER

Did someone say there was going to be a chili cook-off at P.I.P.?

Might be a bit overcooked (is there such a thing as overcooked chili?), but I could possibly cook my chili on the way up...on the front or rear head or both. Perhaps some aluminum foil wrapped around the header pipes and funneled to a makeshift heat shield/pan? Hmmm, wonder how (or good) chili cooked that way would be after 600 plus miles?

Edited by Prairiehammer

Did someone say there was going to be a chili cook-off at P.I.P.?

Might be a bit overcooked (is there such a thing as overcooked chili?), but I could possibly cook my chili on the way up...on the front or rear head or both. Perhaps some aluminum foil wrapped around the header pipes and funneled to a makeshift heat shield/pan? Hmmm, wonder hot (or good) chili cooked that way would be after 600 plus miles?

NOW that would definitely be a different way to cook chili. If it didn't work out we will be more than willing to provide a stove, or even a camp fire over which you could cook your chili. So, bring it on. All challenges accepted. :big-grin-emoticon::fatsmiley:

Just thought I would bump this once again in case anyone has forgotten about the Pork in the Pines pig roast which is fast approaching. We REALLY need to know how many are coming so we make sure we have enough food and drinks for everyone. So, please be so kind as to let us know if you are coming.

Thanks much.....

Just thought I would bump this once again in case anyone has forgotten about the Pork in the Pines pig roast which is fast approaching. We REALLY need to know how many are coming so we make sure we have enough food and drinks for everyone. So, please be so kind as to let us know if you are coming.

Thanks much.....

Russ. Due to medical issues I wont be able to make to P.I.P this year.

So if anyone is looking for a cheap basic room in Lake George I will be cancelling mine there. It is a one person room for around $40.00 7 miles from P.I.P. LAKE GEORGE MOTEL 218 266 3914

Hope I can make it next year.

Ride safe, Bob

Well, just found out relatives are coming into town labor day weekend. So scratch me from this year. Hopefully next. And no Owl, your challenge on chili making did not scare me off. Just the after effects of trying yours did! Sorry folks

And we will miss you also. Actually we miss JoDee more, but don't want to be giving you an inferiority complex. :big-grin-emoticon:

• 2 weeks later...

OK folks, I know that more than 17 people will be attending this years Pork in the Pines. But that is the grand total of folks that have done us the curtesy of helping us plan for 3 days of food and drink.

We have a new Chef handling the meal preparations this year and he (Bubber) needs all the help he can get.

So, once more I am asking. Hell, I'm not above getting down on one knee and begging if that's what it takes to get you to let us know if you are coming.

OK Bumper, Let's put on this way... I will try to make , but can't promise jet. Love to see you all guys, and if I don't show up my face, you guys have great event.

Just for benefits of our newer members, and old ones who never have chance to make on any of last decade Pork in the pines events, like to say this is one of the best events held by Venture Riders. Nameless to say, has same significant as other ones as Maintenance Day, Vogel, Asheville, and International rally. Great way to explore great withe Minnesota wilderness, see 10'000. Lakes, and witness birth place of our great river Mississippi. Paul Banyan is everywhere and there is bunch of our friends from Canada, Eee,. Garry and Ann ( Grandpagak) are opening doors of their ranch for long weekend of pure joy, topped with Black Owl Chilly cookout, bashing lies round campfire, and guitar tunes under open sky.

Highlight of event is open fire pork roast, lot of adult lubrications and more lies round fire pit. However there is issue next day dealing with hangover and morning t roosters showing, which is always be promise for rooster to end up as soup, but never happened.

In other word, get your bike packed up and get your Arss to beautiful LaPorte ( the Gate, translation from French ) and there is a lot fun and great roads to explore.