IGNORED

What has been your most memorable road

Eck

I created a folder of "Rides by State" and inside that folder I have folders for every state.

Every time someone posts a memorable ride that they went on, I copy it and add it to that state folder.

This will help me when I get to ride in state.....so keep them coming

Sonora Pass above Yosemite - California

14"A" across the Big Horns - Wyoming

Iron Mountain Road and Needles Hwy - South Dakota

Two track from Spearfish Canyon to Devils Tower - South Dakota and Wyoming

Skaggs Springs Road from Stewarts Point on Hwy 1 to Geyserville - California

89 "A" from Flagstaff to Jerome - Arizona

Death Valley at night with lights off on a full moon lit nite at 106 degrees - California

Road into Kings Canyon (longest non-stop coast after 45 years experience in coasting = 39 minutes and 24 miles) - California

Cowpuc, I forgot about 14A what a great ride

Indeed brother - THAT is unbelievable!

Any chance you may have a picture of the sign at the top of the east side mountain climb - the one that talks about it taking 30 years to build that roadway? I thought I had some but cant find em.. What an amazing accomplishment and AWESOME ride!!

Just told Tip and my youngest daughter what you were doing Eck. Without hesitation Tip also said 14A from Cody east. Totter (my daughter) still picks the Tunnel of Trees - located on the Lake Michigan shore line here on the west side (only way up North) - didnt surprise me, she liked it so much years ago I "named" her (biker name) after it = Tunnel of Trees Rider = Totter.

Anyway, there ya go Eckster - two more entries!!:thumbsup:

By the way, been thinking about it, I think my 1st place choice (gotta choose just one right?) is gonna be Skaggs Springs Road from Stewards Point to Geyserville.. A lot of it is one lane (not one way though) - almost like a bicycle path - thru the Red Woods.. 1st time we rode it I told Tippy that it really really should have National Park status. It was wayyy more awesome than even the Red Wood Forest NP (IMHO) with curves that not even the dragon can compare to (not as many) and SPECTACULAR scenery!!

Route 1 from Danang north to Hai Vahn Pass. Beautiful but deadly.

Had me going there for a minute until I found the road..(Vietnam)...

I pulled it up on Google maps.. Very nice looking ride bud!!

I would have to vote for Beartooth Pass between Cooke City and Red Lodge and Going to the Sun highway through Glacier National Park.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis.

I already had Hwy 212 from Beartooth thru Cook city on to Mammoth Hot Springs.

I just did a map search on the "Going to the sun highway" and wow, that really looks like a keeper and a must do. It is now on my list.

"Lets start in Colorado

Pagosa Springs, CO US160 North to South Fork, CO pick up CO HWY 149 West taking all the way to Gunnison, CO.

Pick-up US 50 West stopping at the Black Canyon of the Gunnison then to Montrose.

Pick-up US550 Million Dollar Hwy South to Durango, CO.

Lets go over to Utah.

Monument Valley US 163 toward Mexican Hat

Pick-up UT 261 North to UT 95 West stopping at the Natural Bridges National Monument continue on over to Hanksville, UT

Pick-up UT 24 West to Torrey, UT picking up UT 12 South to Bryce Canyon.

Pick-up US 89 North to Panguitch, UT

Pick-up UT 143 South thru the Cedar Breaks and then

Pick-up UT 14 to US 89 South to UT 9 thru Zion National Park back out to US 89 South to Kanab, UT

Pick-up US 89 Alt. South to Jacob Lake, AZ then AZ 67 down into the north rim of the Grand Canyon making all the loop road vistas.Lets start in Colorado

Pagosa Springs, CO US160 North to South Fork, CO pick up CO HWY 149 West taking all the way to Gunnison, CO.

Pick-up US 50 West stopping at the Black Canyon of the Gunnison then to Montrose.

Pick-up US550 Million Dollar Hwy South to Durango, CO.

Lets go over to Utah.

Monument Valley US 163 toward Mexican Hat

Pick-up UT 261 North to UT 95 West stopping at the Natural Bridges National Monument continue on over to Hanksville, UT

Pick-up UT 24 West to Torrey, UT picking up UT 12 South to Bryce Canyon.

Pick-up US 89 North to Panguitch, UT

Pick-up UT 143 South thru the Cedar Breaks and then

Pick-up UT 14 to US 89 South to UT 9 thru Zion National Park back out to US 89 South to Kanab, UT

Pick-up US 89 Alt. South to Jacob Lake, AZ then AZ 67 down into the north rim of the Grand Canyon making all the loop road vistas."

Cowboy some of my favorite roads.Done the Moqui in both directions great ride.

My all time favorite is US 191 thru AZ esp the 81 mile section leading to Morenci.Constant twists and turns and beautiful views.