IGNORED

California Trike Laws

Condor

So here's a thought about CA MC endorsement needs. In the state of Ca. when riding a trike they don't require the rider to have a MC Endorsement on his or her drivers license because they consider it a car??. We're also a helmet required state. Now.... since the MC endorsement isn't required.... Do we have to wear a helmet?? Yes, I wear one ATGAT, but have been thinking about getting something 'aerier' for those hot summer days, or maybe nothing in a pinch?? Which brings up another question. When riding a trike do you wear boots or tennys???

• 2 weeks later...

I don't live in Ca. but I will not ride without a helmet. My go to lid is usually a flip face or sometimes a full face depending on the length of the trip. Hot weather, of which there is plenty in this part of Tx. during the summer, can see me change to a 3/4 with faceshield. The only time I have come off a bike the hard way, I landed face first in a gravel patch. Thanks to the full face I was wearing, I still have a nose, etc. This goes for whatever bike I'm on at the time, either the trike or my RSTC [should I ever get that darn thing running again!!]

As for boots, I usually wear lace up hi-top hikers. Good support, helps protect my already messed up feet/ankles. Just wish I could find a pair of riding boots that will fit. Since my silly feet don't match, finding anything that fits requires being able to try them on, something that is almost impossible to do around here.

Is your bike a trike?? I see a lot of trike riders wearing tennys during the hot summer months. Most wear 3/4 lids..... There's a big difference between 2 and 3, and what's actually required...