IGNORED

LED lights on fairing

Oldodge

Hi

Would you happen to have a close picture of them in daylight maybe with and without the lights on?

Brian

I have received a number of PM's regarding these kits.

I will post them in the classified section to help make it easy to review and order.

Here is the link to my web site where they can also be purchased.

http://www.tourbuddyrsv.com/Accesory-Lighting.html

Thanks!

Brian, Ed can talk about his products...but I originally used the stickum that came with the lights I bought. Didn't hold well...started to sag in middle. So I tacked them on with little spots of epoxy. They will come off if you carefully pry them....seem to not hurt the plastic (don't ask). But I figure they are there to stay. So far, they have not moved.

BTW, I wired mine directly to ACC circuit so they come on with bike. If I had to do it again, I would wire to battery with a switch. Reasoning...they would be great camp lights until camp is setup. They really do light up the area around the front of the bike...and the LED drain would not be enough to worry me...

Here are a few pictures of the fairing LED's with and without the bike lights on.

the pictures were very helpful, thank you. I ordered a set of these and also the front and rear side marker LEDS from your web site. I've been looking for them for sometime now. I'll post reviews for the rest of the team when I get them.

I have received a number of PM's regarding these kits.

I will post them in the classified section to help make it easy to review and order.

Here is the link to my web site where they can also be purchased.

http://www.tourbuddyrsv.com/Accesory-Lighting.html

Thanks!

Not meaning to be picky; however, you might want to change the following sentence on your web site to use the correct word.

"Projects more front and side angle lighting providing drivers around you better visibility of your presents."

presents should be presence

The ones in post #1 are simply led strip lights from Walmart. I did remove the adhesive from the led strips and replace it with 3M moulding tape like is used for putting moulding etc on cars. The original sagged immediately.

Thanks SilverT, DanG Spill CHeck :) Will make the change on the web site.

As for these sticking...

The glue on the strips I use is 3m sticky and mine haven't any issues coming loose for the past year plus but, if they ever do come loose I would use 3M's extreme 2 sided tape.

One thing you have to do is make sure the surface is free from any wax and dirt.

Another is to install these when it is warm, over 65 degrees or they may not adhere as well.

Edited by Zzyzx

Thanks SilverT, DanG Spill CHeck :) Will make the change on the web site.

YVW

Another is to install these when it is warm, over 65 degrees or they may not adhere as well.

I just installed a pair of LED lights on my side bags. The instructions said to run your fingernails a few times over the sticky backing before removing the backing and mounting the lights. Reason was to "activate" the 3M adhesive. Never heard of this before but what the heck, .... maybe there's something to it.

Lights2.jpg Lights1.jpg

Brian,

The glue on the strips I use is 3m sticky and mine haven't any issues coming loose for the past year plus but, if they ever do come loose I would use 3M's extreme 2 sided tape to reattach.

One thing you have to do is make sure the surface is free from any wax and dirt.

Ed